big old satelite dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have declined this dish. Already have one like it.
Someone else please come get this dish.
It's an 8ft H to H DH perforated with good gain on C-band. Solidly built with easy to find actuator motor parts.
There. I'm done promoting for Jason.:)

Thanks Jason and Brex. I am working of the logistics of moving it and appreciate it if Brex can post pictures and moving advice. For example how much it weighs, how to secure it, etc.

If the dish is removed from the mount, it's easily handled by two guys.
My buddy and I hauled it to the truck using one hand each.
Just awkward. Guess: 50 - 80 lbs? Feed still attached.

My motor was 65 lbs, and a very difficult thing to get a grip on.
But mine was a different brand.

That leaves the pole. I cut mine off at the ground.
So 10' of pipe was easily carried by two.
If you dig up a ball of concrete, then either beat some off or deal with it ;)

I used bolts through long boards to hold the dish.
Then the boards were strapped down.

See link in my signature on AMCI dish for details.

iphone 4

The DH dish my friend & I removed we started by spraying all hardware with PB Blaster(O'Reilly Auto.) While waiting for it to penetrate, removed the flat cable. Followed by unbolting the "milk stool" from behind the dish - 3 nuts. You'll have to see for yourself if the "milk stool" is bolted through ears on the mount ring on this one. I believe they will be. Then unbolted the dish from the ring - wrench from the front & socket/ratchet from the behind. Set that aside & then lifted the heavy, awkward HH mount from the pole. Strapped in the mount in the bed of the truck first then screwed the dish itself face down to 2x4s on the lip of the bed with deck screws. I had prepared two 8ft 2x4s with three each 1.25"sq. x 3" pieces to fit the stake holes of my old 65 Chevy. Gently but firmly strapped the dish down in a cross diagonally. The owner of the property wanted to keep the pole intact for a bird house.:)

Drove home by way of the 14 to 210 fwys, smiling & waving at the gawkers, some more friendly than others.:p

Attachments

• 8ft DH w HtoH 009 (16).JPG
    8ft DH w HtoH 009 (16).JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 8ft DH w HtoH 009 (13).JPG
    8ft DH w HtoH 009 (13).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 195
  • 8ft DH perf removal 006.JPG
    8ft DH perf removal 006.JPG
    505.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 8ft DH perf removal 014.JPG
    8ft DH perf removal 014.JPG
    455.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 8ft DH perf removal 012.JPG
    8ft DH perf removal 012.JPG
    795.1 KB · Views: 197
Thanks Jason and Brex. I am working of the logistics of moving it and appreciate it if Brex can post pictures and moving advice. For example how much it weighs, how to secure it, etc.

I hope you get all the logistics worked out , always like to see a dish rescued & put back into service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)