billing help

krynn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2020
woodland hills ca
ok so i am wondering. since i sent all of the DTV back via fedex the rep verified they got it back in the warehouse!!! i was let out of my contract because the service is total sh*t as nothing has worked since day one along with the worst customer service ever!!! they paid for my month of service since it was that bad i'll give em that. now i was told my acct was closed out and i would not be getting any more bills!!! i opened my e-mail one morning and i got an e-mail from att saying i owe them 198.00 smackers. i was like WTF i was let out of the contract free and clear snd they paid the bill since the service was that horrid. so how do i get them to reverse this charge. i filed a complaint with the FCC. wh should see how that works out..

anyone thinking about getting directv don't do it. it's the worst service out there!!!
how can i be billed when i don't have the f**king boxes

Well umm. What does the bill say it is for
it says it's for this month but i sent the boxes back last month when they let me run like hell from em. i was told i owed nothing and i was let out of the contract free and clear. and they even paid the first month so i got that free since there crap never worked right to begin with..

Krynn,
Do you have that conversation in an email ?
Something that you can show back to them ?

It is REALLY difficult to get out of a contract ...
Thats why its called a Contract.

You need to find out what your being billed for first before you come here to complain.

If it’s equipment, show them the tracking number.

If it’s programming, good luck. I rarely see them credit back the first month like you say.

Krynn,
Do you have that conversation in an email ?
Something that you can show back to them ?

It is REALLY difficult to get out of a contract ...
Thats why its called a Contract.
yea i do have it written down and recorded as well along with the names and id's as well as to said what. even though it's called a contract. if a service never worked in the past one should not have to pay for faulty service nor be bound to a contract. after the consumer has attempted to have the issues resolved!!! i asked the rep what i had to do and how many times i had to have my system fixed before they would let me out of my contract the rep told me 3 times. then i told her i wanted out of my contract and to look over my acct they tried fixing my service 7 times and nothing so she released me from the contract

You need to find out what your being billed for first before you come here to complain.

If it’s programming, good luck. I rarely see them credit back the first month like you say.
i did review my online bill from last month the charges are for this month. i see where they credited the bill for last month since it wasn't working. i did tell the rep the fedex reference number and he verified they have the boxes back...

Going back on topic, what issues could you possibly have with Directv?

I’m in no way defending them because I have the same beef I have with them as I do Dirt Network.

But the stuff should work. Only issue you should be having is the price is too high.

Reactions: krynn
Krynn,
You've told us that you managed to get out of your contract with D* .... which is quite a feat in itself.
And that they apparently billed you again for the next month ... they will probably tell you they bill a month in advance, however, your past that issue.

Usually when people come here with issues .... those of us that have been with them long enough can give advice to help with resolving the actual issue.
We are very good with that kind of stuff, it helps resolve issues before a tech has to go out lots of times.

Had you come and let us know what was going on, we may have been able to resolve it or at the very least informed you of what the issue was so you knew when the tech did come out.

So far you managed to start this thread that said how much s**t att/D* is ... and that you were billed an addl. month ...

What you haven't said is what was actually going on ....
The D* system is pretty straight forward in most cases .... and if given the correct info we can diagnose the set up.
So far you haven't done that, so those of us that are trying to pinpoint what happened are left with nothing to help with, yet your expecting us to allow you to slam the company ....

Your fine slamming the company, many do, but they have given the details so each of us have something to go on without someone just signing up coming in and just complaining ...

When you do things like that, people think thats the only reason you started the post, vs giving us something to actually help you with.

So, give us some details please and you'll get more help.

Reactions: videojanitor
Krynn,
You've told us that you managed to get out of your contract with D* .... which is quite a feat in itself.
And that they apparently billed you again for the next month ... they will probably tell you they bill a month in advance, however, your past that issue.

Usually when people come here with issues .... those of us that have been with them long enough can give advice to help with resolving the actual issue.
We are very good with that kind of stuff, it helps resolve issues before a tech has to go out lots of times.

Had you come and let us know what was going on, we may have been able to resolve it or at the very least informed you of what the issue was so you knew when the tech did come out.

So far you managed to start this thread that said how much s**t att/D* is ... and that you were billed an addl. month ...

The D* system is pretty straight forward in most cases .... and if given the correct info we can diagnose the set up.
So far you haven't done that, so those of us that are trying to pinpoint what happened are left with nothing to help with, yet your expecting us to allow you to slam the company ....

Your fine slamming the company, many do, but they have given the details so each of us have something to go on without someone just signing up coming in and just complaining ...

When you do things like that, people think thats the only reason you started the post, vs giving us something to actually help you with.

Her question was "How do I get them to reverse this charge?"

If you filed a complaint already with the BBB and your state attorney general office, then work with them on resolution. That's pretty much all you can do. I have had success in the past with just the BBB complaint.

You can also dispute the charge with your credit card company if that is how you paid, stop any future payments via your bank. But, getting a satisfactory resolution is in your best interest since you likely don't want your credit damaged.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

If you filed a complaint already with the BBB and your state attorney general office, then work with them on resolution. That's pretty much all you can do. I have had success in the past with just the BBB complaint.

You can also dispute the charge with your credit card company if that is how you paid, stop any future payments via your bank. But, getting a satisfactory resolution is in your best interest since you likely don't want your credit damaged.

I'm just curious how it came to that ...

Reactions: comp9

how long have you had your system??? and how many times have they tried to fix it??? i didn't even have service for a month my system never worked right since day one with the mini's disconnected from the network and the 775 error along with the picture locking up and freezing and breaking up..
i filed an FCC complaint against them and i got a call today from cathy the lady of the office of the president. so i explained what was going on. so she reversed all of the charges for me. i even got them to pay for the first month as well since it wasn't working... did you file an FCC report on them??? be warned they will read your acct over to see the issues you have been having before they call you... i was told if they can't get your system up and running with in three tries then they will let you out of the contract!!! and filing an FCC report seems to be the only way to get there butts moving!!!

Last edited:
Going back on topic, what issues could you possibly have with Directv?

I’m in no way defending them because I have the same beef I have with them as I do Dirt Network.

But the stuff should work. Only issue you should be having is the price is too high.
pictures breaking up pixelizing locking up minis loosing connections to the network 775 error codes... and customer service sucks compared to the old DTV. in no way am i bashing em my experience was a nightmare. oh yea and there billing system sucks to!!

Krynn,

ok so i will start with what was going on... my picture would breakup and pixelize lock up and freeze up. the mini's would keep loosing connection to the network in the end i was getting the 775 error code. mind you they did come out and replace all of the boxes the LNB and the splitters as well. and the same thing was happening. i just got tired of having techs out every other day!!! and the dish is locked on a 99% signal strength!!!

ok so after filing an FCC report. i got a call this morning from cathy of the lady of the presidents office. so we talked about what was going on and she did tell me she read my acct over before calling me and she was amazed as she just told me i had alot of problems with DTV... i was like yep!!! so i explained to her about the picture freezing up locking up pixelizing the minis never staying connected to the network even after everything was replaced the boxes the LNB the splitters then i told her it got so bad i started getting the 775 error code. then i explained to her that DTV paid for my first month of programming and the ETF she seen that. then i told her that when i cancelled that i was free and clear and i would owe nothing. i also told that they got the boxes back and it's been verified they got em back. she told me they did receive the boxes back.. she told me the reason i was being charged again was because who ever told me they closed out my acct NEVER really closed it out!!! she told me that she would reverse all of the charges for this bill wich she did and now i owe nothing :)

oh they credited me alot
the first month of service the ETF they were gonna give me the genie 2 at no charge. the rep gave me 300.00 for all the troubles i had with them. and i was pretty furious i had the reps sweating LOL.
i figured out what it was. who ever said they closed my acct out never really did and so they billed me again thinking i still had DTV:wtf2:rolleyes. f**k if ATT did anything that made sense for the consumer id'e have a stroke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts