Bill's done with this site, guys- and he told me why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, seems like an overreaction to me.

I've added a user to the Ignore List before and combining that with ignoring threads you feel are meant to provoke a reaction has worked pretty well for me so far....

Could someone show me this "jab" I threw at him?

Well, that's a good point. Whether it was intended or not, some may have perceived it as a "jab" at anyone who likes the Pats, maybe Bill.

Personally, I don't think you did anything wrong. I sit back and watch all the offhanded crap people write about the "Bungals", but I just let it go.

That said, I don't think that's why Bill left. He doesn't seem like the type that would try to get attention, either. This doesn't add up.

Leaving a SatelliteGuys because of a little spat over Sports? What? Yes something doesn't add up. Is someone using multiple accounts to try and prove a point again?

Leaving a SatelliteGuys because of a little spat over Sports? What? Yes something doesn't add up. Is someone using multiple accounts to try and prove a point again?
there was no spat. Good grief Ive been slammed for fighting before but not for a figment of someones imagination. :rolleyes:

So is the sports section now turning into a psuedo-pit? I stopped posting in the sports, just reading a while back. The sports section is turning into it's own little cultic sub-culture here.

Only gleaning what I can from other posts, I doubt vurbano really had anything major to do with whoever Bill is, leaving.

+1000

i use to love to chat sports. but imho, the sports section turned into a forum other than sports.

We all take jabs but if it was really that bad why not:

1. report it so that we could all take a look and judge it

2. just put users he doesn't want to see on ignore

what's the big deal to run away?

Well, if the ACLU can defend Oliver North, I suppose I can defend Vurbie. Lord knows, I've bashed him enough elsewhere.

I just scanned Vurbano's last month worth of posts, just because I'm a voyeur and wanted to see what I had missed out on, and I was disappointed to not find a single one that I regarded as objectionable.

Admittedly, I have a hide like an elephant. Unlike most people here and in other internet forums who have found their "voice"" in internet era, I come from a world in which people communicate eyeball-to-eyeball, and if anyone says to me, "F-you", I can at least say back to them, "Oh yeah? Well F-YOU!!", without even flinching.

I've seen one discussion forum after another hosted in sites that were primarily profession or trade sites get shut down just because there are a lot more people who can dish it than who can take it. Then they go crying to the moderators who either take sides, which is a losing game, or they just get fed up with wasting time catering to the wants and needs of "contributors" who contribute nothing to mission of the forum, which is to facilitate the exchange of information and ideas of people within the trade ort industry group. Even at this site, the Political Forum has been closed a few times and now is in a restricted area.

I've noticed that the most active participants in this sub-forum migrated here from DBSForums. I've also noticed that none of them post in any other forums here and as far as I can tell, have no ties to the satellite industry. Do any of you understand why Dan Collins didn't lift a finger to facilitate the archiving of The Sports Forum at DBSForums? The Sports Forum traffic at DBSForums didn't mean just very little to him. It meant NOTHING. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. The people actively posting in the Sports Forum were simply squatters.

Scott may not have the exact same perspective on the value of sports-only posters that Dan Collins did, because Scott is running this site as a business and there may be some small benefit he gets from getting more cumulative "clicks" and "visits", but that benefit has to be very, very small. I regard this thread as petty and something that may further sour the administration here regarding maintaining a Sports Forum. Vurbano is the only screen name I see posting regularly here who is actually a contributor to substantive threads pertaining to the satellite broadcasting industry. The rest of you are squatters. That makes him more important to this site than you are.

If it bothers you that Vurbano posted a Patriot-Jets score, then it probably bothered you that I posted daily Manny updates and started a Manny for MVP thread a couple of months ago, too. But the "Ant" in "AntAltMike" is abbreviated from the word, "Antenna" in my company name, so I get to root for whomever I want to, and Vurbie and I will still be here pontificating over Charlie's moves (you do know who Charlie is, don't you? No, not the one in the StarKist commercials) long after many of the rest of you have wandered into another vacant yard.

"Ye doth protest too loudly" here. I think this thread should be either moved to the Operations Center, if that is where complaints are heard here, or just closed and deleted.

Last edited:
Vurbano is the only screen name I see posting regularly here who is actually a contributor to substantive threads pertaining to the satellite broadcasting industry. The rest of you are squatters. That makes him more important to this site than you are.

There are many others in the sports forum that post regularly elsewhere as well.

There are many others in the sports forum that post regularly elsewhere as well.

:up
I try to help at Amps, receivers, etc. and at DirecTv. I can't help that others know more than I do about DirecTv, but I put in my two cents when I can. The squatter remark was unnecessary. A lot of us try to help, where and when we can.

Vurbano is the only screen name I see posting regularly here who is actually a contributor to substantive threads pertaining to the satellite broadcasting industry. The rest of you are squatters.

I didn't realize this site was supposed to be limited to people that had satellite issues to discuss. I don't have DirecTV. Please let me know if I'm not supposed to be here--I'd rather not have a negative term attached to me.

I am not a steelers fan. And lets get something straight about this little anti vurby thread you have created. Nice try, but if I ever say anything out of the way these moderators will ban me instantly. I have said nothing to hurt your friend but this thread is a childish attempt to incite anger against me and illicit some sort of sympathy to get me banned as well as to give your opinion of me in public. Really childish. How old are you?

LOL! V, you are loved everywhere!!
hey you should see V in action at the "other" site

Well, if the ACLU can defend Oliver North, I suppose I can defend Vurbie. Lord knows, I've bashed him enough elsewhere.

I just scanned Vurbano's last month worth of posts, just because I'm a voyeur and wanted to see what I had missed out on, and I was disappointed to not find a single one that I regarded as objectionable.

Admittedly, I have a hide like an elephant. Unlike most people here and in other internet forums who have found their "voice"" in internet era, I come from a world in which people communicate eyeball-to-eyeball, and if anyone says to me, "F-you", I can at least say back to them, "Oh yeah? Well F-YOU!!", without even flinching.

I've seen one discussion forum after another hosted in sites that were primarily profession or trade sites get shut down just because there are a lot more people who can dish it than who can take it. Then they go crying to the moderators who either take sides, which is a losing game, or they just get fed up with wasting time catering to the wants and needs of "contributors" who contribute nothing to mission of the forum, which is to facilitate the exchange of information and ideas of people within the trade ort industry group. Even at this site, the Political Forum has been closed a few times and now is in a restricted area.

I've noticed that the most active participants in this sub-forum migrated here from DBSForums. I've also noticed that none of them post in any other forums here and as far as I can tell, have no ties to the satellite industry. Do any of you understand why Dan Collins didn't lift a finger to facilitate the archiving of The Sports Forum at DBSForums? The Sports Forum traffic at DBSForums didn't mean just very little to him. It meant NOTHING. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. The people actively posting in the Sports Forum were simply squatters.

Scott may not have the exact same perspective on the value of sports-only posters that Dan Collins did, because Scott is running this site as a business and there may be some small benefit he gets from getting more cumulative "clicks" and "visits", but that benefit has to be very, very small. I regard this thread as petty and something that may further sour the administration here regarding maintaining a Sports Forum. Vurbano is the only screen name I see posting regularly here who is actually a contributor to substantive threads pertaining to the satellite broadcasting industry. The rest of you are squatters. That makes him more important to this site than you are.

If it bothers you that Vurbano posted a Patriot-Jets score, then it probably bothered you that I posted daily Manny updates and started a Manny for MVP thread a couple of months ago, too. But the "Ant" in "AntAltMike" is abbreviated from the word, "Antenna" in my company name, so I get to root for whomever I want to, and Vurbie and I will still be here pontificating over Charlie's moves (you do know who Charlie is, don't you? No, not the one in the StarKist commercials) long after many of the rest of you have wandered into another vacant yard.

"Ye doth protest too loudly" here. I think this thread should be either moved to the Operations Center, if that is where complaints are heard here, or just closed and deleted.
Thanks dude. I particular like the squatter part. That was funny:up

Are you calling me a squatter?

+1000

i use to love to chat sports. but imho, the sports section turned into a forum other than sports.

OK this may be the most bizarre comment of an entire thread full of bizarre comments.

You used to love to chat sports here, but the threads aren't about sports? Huh? Check the threads...they're ALL about sports.

Actually, THIS is the only thread that's not about sports, it seems to be about people trying to get across an agenda of some kind.

Good grief, if you want to chat sports, chat sports. If not, go somewhere else that makes you happier, but leave the sports to us. If you don't like the forum, you're free to not post here.

Men are such babies....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.