Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I have a couple of pigeons that perch and purge on my Ku dish thats up on the roof. Its getting pretty gross. Does anyone know where I can buy those spike strips that are used to keep birds away from ledges and stuff?

Search back for a previous bird poop discussion.
It was chocked-full of great ideas! - :up
Some time in the last year, here in FTA Department... possibly last 6 months.

edit:
Okay, here we go. This is the one I remember. - ;)

I little off topic, well at least it's about bird poop, Yes they are very selective where they poop. I have my '83 Mercedes and '96 Chevy both parked in the same driveway, guess which one they like to poop on? :(
It's like , what was his name Triumph? the comic insult dog?

TRG,
I take old cd's and dvd's, string about 3 together and hang them in my cherry trees to keep the birds away. They don't like shiny stuff, and the wind flashes them all over the place. Absolutely works on the birds we have around here, don't know about pidgeons. Now if I could find something short of the Remington solution for the raccoons!
sky

solution

Skyscanner I have your alternative to the Remington, attached. Works like a charm.

Attachments

• 00020.jpg
    00020.jpg
    727.2 KB · Views: 106
Turbo,
We've got so many of the varmints that they have witnessed their pals being trapped in the Havahart and have become trap shy. They reach their little hands through the sides and steal the bait. They are a real plaque here, I used to have a few chickens but the coons killed them all. No love lost between us, unfortunately even with the Remington solution in play, it hasn't thinned the herd at all. They steal everything, even the cat's food has to be taken in at night [Wife's cat, I have to pretend to be concerned]. The other day I was watching some "favorite home videos" show [on fta of course] and they had a video of a coon reaching in a pet door and stealing a rug! Like a coon needs to wipe his feet! They'll steal anything!
Sky

I agree, they can be problems. I think mine are still too ignorant to realize they're getting caught-I'm pretty sure this one I caught a couple of weeks back was the same one from last summer. But then, they pretty much all look alike (is that animal-profiling?)
As Yosemite Sam said-Blast 'em to smithereenies!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)