Birdog Ultra "3.3v low" error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JGOD

Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
Texas
Good Morning Everybody,

I've had my Birdog Ultra for about 5 years now. It was working fine until I stored it away after transitioning from satellite install to sales. No back at finding birds :) When I turn on my birdog ultra, the logo will scroll across the screen. Then the error "3.3v low" will flash 3 times and immediately turn off. I thought the battery was the problem so I purchased a brand new one, fully charged it, but it is still giving me the error. Any suggestions?

:welcome to Satelliteguys JGOD!

I'm not an installer so I don't own a Birdog meter. One on the installers here will post soon I'm sure.

I have contacted the company (horizon meters, birdog, and solid signal) where I bought it from. I have not received a response.

I have one that does that but will work if plugged in to AC outlet. Also not a battery problem. Contacted Horizon and IMHO it wasn't worth the cost to repair even though I couldn't get a firm quote on the repair. Probably needs a main board assy.

I tried turning it on with AC plugged in, but it wont turn on. Just charges. However, i opened the birdog up and it has the power supply on the right (see pic). I unplugged the power supply, connected the battery, and my birdog turns on and stays on without error. So im now going to order a power supply, splice the connector on it and see if it works. I will keep updating.

Attachments

• 20170919_151133.jpg
    20170919_151133.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 307
Reactions: raoul5788
My Sat Look lite works fine .... if it can keep a charge ... I can charge it for 24 hours and still not keep a charge for more than one use.
Sadly, I gave up on it ....

UPDATE: My power supply came in today and I'm happy to report that it indeed fixed the problem. I ordered a "SA06-24S12R-U" power supply (Ebay $15). Spliced the old connector onto it, plugged it in, no more "3.3v low" error.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)