Blinking front panel on HR44 and wont turn off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qcjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Ohio
My Hr44 will turn off but the lights in front wont and the resolution lights continue to blink. I called it in and they escalated it. They called me back and want to swap it out because they have not seen any reports on it. They say they wont charge me and shipping or and thing for the hr44. Has any one had this issue? Im afraid to swap it out because Ive been lied to by DTV to many times in the past six months.

What exactly do you think they are lying about this time? I won't go into the past six months.

If they want to swap it out, go for it .
ONLY draw back might be the recordings you have on the unit now you can't transfer ...
Thats why Im ALWAYS tell people to NOT fill up thier hard drive or have anything that is vitally important on it, ya never know when electronics will quit.

What was the charge for and how much was it?

What was the charge for and how much was it?
I was offered two movie channels for free for three months as part of the movers deal. When I got my first bill at my new house it had a proration on it for the movie channels. I called them and they said they would take care of it. Each month after wards I had to do the same thing. Month three a guy promises me that its taken care of and that for the trouble he would give me the channels again for free for three months. Next bill the same thing with the proration. I called and canceled them. Each time they promised me it was fixed and could never explain to me what had happened.

Charging me for it.
Q.
Do you have the Protection plan ?
IF so, they definitely won't charge you.

If the recvr is defective they also WON'T charge you.

Personally, I would reset the recvr and see if that helps any first.
If you've called in already I'm sure they've already had you do that.

Q.
Do you have the Protection plan ?
IF so, they definitely won't charge you.

If the recvr is defective they also WON'T charge you.

Personally, I would reset the recvr and see if that helps any first.
If you've called in already I'm sure they've already had you do that.
I dont have the protection plan. They didnt really say it was defective. They just said they hadnt seen any thing like it. Ive reset the dvr and it went away but since has come back.

I was offered two movie channels for free for three months as part of the movers deal. When I got my first bill at my new house it had a proration on it for the movie channels. I called them and they said they would take care of it. Each month after wards I had to do the same thing. Month three a guy promises me that its taken care of and that for the trouble he would give me the channels again for free for three months. Next bill the same thing with the proration. I called and canceled them. Each time they promised me it was fixed and could never explain to me what had happened.

You said they were lying, but this is just them being incompetent. It's not the same thing.

You said they were lying, but this is just them being incompetent. It's not the same thing.
Could be who knows. Either way you cant trust liars or incompetent people. I guess Ill have to either deal with it or take the chance they get it right.

Reactions: pdiddy
Could be who knows. Either way you cant trust liars or incompetent people. I guess Ill have to either deal with it or take the chance they get it right.
?
I don't understand your comments ?

If the box is not working, they will replace it or isolate the issue if it's not the box ...
You sound like you don't want them to do anything ... do YOU have a solution that doesn't involve them ?

?
I don't understand your comments ?

If the box is not working, they will replace it or isolate the issue if it's not the box ...
You sound like you don't want them to do anything ... do YOU have a solution that doesn't involve them ?
Thats why I was asking if any one here had this issue. Im afraid to turn to them based off there track record. I take it no on has then.

Thats why I was asking if any one here had this issue. Im afraid to turn to them based off there track record. I take it no on has then.
Fwiw, they have a very good track record on this type of thing.

As I mentioned previously I believe, this was the first I have heard of this particular thing happening.

I would not have any problem having them come out to diagnose this issue.

Fwiw, they have a very good track record on this type of thing.

As I mentioned previously I believe, this was the first I have heard of this particular thing happening.

I would not have any problem having them come out to diagnose this issue.
They just want to mail one out. I would rather someone come out but thats not the case. Ill call back in a few days when we get some stuff watched and see if the story changes or not. I have the dudes employee id.

Mine was doing it and I just changed resolution settings - added a couple and then went back to just 1080i - and the blinking stopped.

I've had my hr44 for 3-4 months now. It's done the blinking twice. I just reboot the receiver. Professionally installed aka they put the right switch outside

The reset cleared it but now seeing a message I hadn't seen before. ..."rebuilding scheduler list" but after that everything seems to be okay. Anyone knows what this could be?

rebuilding scheduler list just means it knows some guide info but not all of it, as far as i can tell. nothing to worry about.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)