Blockbuster Launches $499 PS3/Blu-ray Bundle

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Blockbuster Launches $499 PS3/Blu-ray Bundle

News Blockbuster Launches $499 PS3/Blu-ray Bundle
The retailer expands its video game offering.
By
Swanni
Washington, D.C. (April 28, 2008) -- Blockbuster said today that it will sell a $499 bundle consisting of a 40GB Play Station 3 console and various Blu-ray disc services.

The bundle, which will be available at all Blockbuster corporate stories, will include the PS3, a PS3/DVD remote, an HDMI cable and a Spider-man 3 Blu-ray disc and a Transformers PS3 game.

In addition, the bundle will come with a Blockbuster 12-week rental card good for one free PS3 or Blu-ray rental per week. (The Play Station console has a Blu-ray player inside.)

The 40GB PS3 normally sells for $399; depending upon the type of HDMI cable offered, the remaining bundle items could run around $150.

Last edited:
They couldn't have offered a better PS3 game than "Transformers"? Oy, must be a lot of them collecting dust that they need to get rid of.

My 7 years old nephew likes the transformers. So maybe that is their target market with this bundle :sleeo

I was at Circuit City a few weeks ago and they were running 50% discount on their HD-DVD movies. I didn't buy any (even though I have the XBox 360 HD player). I think I will wait and get the PS3 (not the bundle).

Laff, what the heck is up with the line in the article

The 40GB PS3 normally sells for $399; depending upon the type of HDMI cable offered, the remaining bundle items could run around $150.

the type of HDMI cable? I would hope they included the same kind/type in all bundles. Heck, I didn't even know they started bundling the HDMI cable with it. Either way, a $7 cable (from monoprice!) is not a huge cost when they buy them in that quantity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)