Blockbuster MoviePass and Bundled Billing Accounts - When?

GreeneDish

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
Central VA
Do any members of the DIRT crew know when bundled billing accounts (CenturyLink for me) might be eligible for MoviePass and/or what the holdup is?

This is why I will never bundle my account with the phone company. It will eventually cause an issue. Dish's system is not set up well to manage bundled accounts and they know it.

According to another member bundled with AT&T, he was told he would have to UN-bundle. And Scherrman is right. Many promotions and offers get forfeited.

I unbundled years ago from AT&T and I don't regret doing it. It all started when the 622 receiver came out and was not available to bundled subs at that time. I found a CSR that closed that account and opened a new one and I even received new sub discounts....

Windstream, TDS, Frontier, Centurylink, AT&T Agency, and PACE all qualify to add the Blockbuster Movie Pass for $10 per month.

Last edited:
Raymond,
If you look at my post about DISH Chat support you will see that I went through a mess this morning trying to do just this. The first CSR canceled my Platinum accoutn and tried to set up Blockbuster.When I called back, The second CSR bounced me to a higher level CSR who said that it was not allowed.
Do you know for sure that this can be done? If so, can you set it up for me? If it fails, can you ensure that I would get my Platinum back?
Sorry, it is not that I am doubting you I am just warry after this morning.

Raymond,
If you look at my post about DISH Chat support you will see that I went through a mess this morning trying to do just this. The first CSR canceled my Platinum accoutn and tried to set up Blockbuster.When I called back, The second CSR bounced me to a higher level CSR who said that it was not allowed.
Do you know for sure that this can be done? If so, can you set it up for me? If it fails, can you ensure that I would get my Platinum back?
Sorry, it is not that I am doubting you I am just warry after this morning.

PM your account or phone number to me and I'll see what I can do.

Raymond let me know that while CenturyLink is eligible, Embarq is having a system issue trying to implement it.
Since I was with Embarq before they were swallowed by CenturyLink, it explains my issues.
Hopefully they get things fixed soon.
Thanks for the info Raymond.

I have the same situation as GreeneDish - we were with Embarq, now CenturyLink, and have a bundled account. Chat CSR told me they were "working on it."

I have billing through CenturyLink and I am still unable to sign up from my account page.

Our account is bundled with AT&T... and it has been a big run-around trying to figure out what the deal is. I've been told by a couple of CSRs that I don't have Platinum HD on my account (which I probably don't now, since it is BBMP and I can clearly watch the Platinum channels as well as the movies that stream from BBMP). However, the thing I can't do is the DVD's to home. When I try to log into get my list together, it tells me to complete registration on the Dish website.. but when I get there, I can't do it. If I can't do the DVDs to home, it's not a huge deal... but it would be nice since it is included.

AT&T Revenue Share bundled customers are not eligible for BBMP. If you send your account info in a PM, I will check why you have not been able to receive it

Our account is bundled with AT&T... and it has been a big run-around trying to figure out what the deal is. I've been told by a couple of CSRs that I don't have Platinum HD on my account (which I probably don't now, since it is BBMP and I can clearly watch the Platinum channels as well as the movies that stream from BBMP). However, the thing I can't do is the DVD's to home. When I try to log into get my list together, it tells me to complete registration on the Dish website.. but when I get there, I can't do it. If I can't do the DVDs to home, it's not a huge deal... but it would be nice since it is included.