Blu-ray Hardware Deals

Many good choices in your price range.
The main question is: what are you going to connect it to? What kind of TV set and do you have an A/V receiver? What's the model number? Also, are you interested in 3D? Web streaming? I think that should be your starting point: decide on the features you need. Blu-ray players today are not just about HD video, but also about premium sound, web streaming, etc.

I am connecting it to a Mitsubishi 65" HD set, I am adding the A/V receiver myself after Christmas. I am interested in web steaming, not so much into 3D for now. I am all about the premium sound and must have that. I am currently running the tv through a Denon amp 100 watt .004 % THD and Polk speakers. I expect to buy something similar in quality that is up to date (I've had the Denon over 20 years). I want to do surround sound but do it wireless.

Thanks!

I would recommend a Panasonic DMP-BD85 for about $180 at Amazon, or a Sony BDP-S570, for around $170. Actually, the Sony has built in wi-fi, and does 3D, so it'd be my choice.

HHGregg

121510_onlineDeal_04.jpg

$59 today only, JVC

Sony BDP-S570 is currently on sale: $138-139 everywhere.

Sam's Club also has the Sony BDP-BX57 (Sony BDP-S570) for $129. This is an excellent deal on a solid, feature-packed player which has 3D and wireless capability built-in.

Picked up a Panasonic 3D player (BD 210) last night at Costco. This is one with built in wifi. Cost was $119, which I considered a serious bargain.

I have been very happpy with an older BD-60 for several years. I simply couldn't resist at this price and this one will go into a location where I can't string lan.

I figure so, but I don't replace equipment nearly as often as you do. I hang onto it as long as it is still doing the job. Heck I am still living with that awful first gen Insignia (Funai) player in the family room.

Both my Dad and Father in Law were still using the Insignia's I bought them for $150 back in 08 I guess it was. I gave my dad an 85 and my In Laws a 210.

My daughter still has my BD10. BD30 is laying around somewhere, BD55 went to my dad, and my 350 is still in use in my bedroom.

S~