Boolean search won't auto-record properly?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
I've been following the directions in several other threads to set up several advanced searches on my DVR, but the problem is the searches won't "auto record" properly.

For example, I set up one to record the local news as follows

AALL NEWS TTITLE CCHANS 7

This should record all programs with the word "news" in the title on local channel 7. When I go to the search it shows all of the local newscasts correctly, so I set the auto record options to record all episodes, and saved it. It skipped the 11pm newscast last night, but recorded the first segment of the morning news this morning. It skipped the rest of the morning news however, and is only set to record one other newscast per the "To do" list.

What am I doing wrong? Has this been broken by the updates as well now?

I think the problem is in the guide data. The station is using exactly the same data for multiple "showings" and the DVR thinks it has already recorded that "episode". See if history tells you anything.

I think the problem is in the guide data. The station is using exactly the same data for multiple "showings" and the DVR thinks it has already recorded that "episode". See if history tells you anything.

I think it is some variation of that, but I can't figure out how to fix it. They don't show in history at all. If I search using that string it displays all the programs, but the autorecord isn't seeing them for some reason it seems. I'd selected All for recording instead of First Run too thinking that would cover it, but it doesn't

Autorecord is seeing them but then not recording them because when it checks it thinks they are already recorded. I have the same problem recording the 11pm local news. It records the 6pm one OK but then thinks the 11pm one is just a rerun of the same program.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts