Both XM and Sirius to carry the NCAA Mens Basketball tournament

Credit to Ryan from another site:

SIRIUS XM Radio to Broadcast Every Game of the 2010 NCAA(R) Division I Men's Basketball Championship

--SIRIUS and XM listeners nationwide get every shot from every game --Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski's exclusive SIRIUS XM show, 'Basketball and Beyond with Coach K,' will air throughout the tournament --'Rivals Radio' and Mad Dog Radio channel to offer daily analysis, interviews with coaches and players, and fan reactions

NEW YORK, March 11, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) announced today that every game of the 2010 NCAA(R) Division I Men's Basketball Championship will air nationwide on both SIRIUS and XM, offering listeners uninterrupted access to play-by-play of every match-up from the opening round game on March 16 through the Final Four and National Championship game in Indianapolis on April 3-5.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20080819/NYTU044LOGO )

For the first time, tournament games will be available to both SIRIUS and XM listeners. Every game will air in its entirety, with no blackouts, on SIRIUS channels 122, 125, 126, 90 and 91 and XM channels 143, 241, 242, 243 and 244. Second round games on March 20 and 21 will also air on Mad Dog Radio, SIRIUS channel 123 and XM channel 144. SIRIUS XM's Steve Torre will anchor the coverage on these channels, providing up-to-the-minute scores and highlights during game breaks and directing listeners to other games around the dial.

Tournament match-ups and SIRIUS and XM channel assignments will be available at www.sirius.com/collegesports and www.xmradio.com/collegesports starting Monday, March 15.

On Selection Sunday, March 14, Mad Dog Radio will air a special Mad Dog Radio Tournament Selection Show live from 6:00 to 9:00 pm ET. Host Gary Williams will provide listeners with live updates as tournament teams and match-ups are announced, and will interview special guests, including team coaches and selection committee chairman Dan Guerrero. College basketball fans around the country can call in to the show to talk live with Williams and share their reactions and opinions as the field of 65 is revealed.

Throughout the tournament, SIRIUS and XM listeners can tune in to several exclusive sports talk shows that will offer comprehensive tournament coverage.

Duke University coach Mike Krzyzewski will continue to host his weekly talk show, Basketball and Beyond with Coach K, throughout the tournament. Listeners can hear the show Wednesday evenings (8:00 pm ET/5:00 pm PT) on Mad Dog Radio. Additionally, Coach K will join Chris 'Mad Dog' Russo on Russo's show, Mad Dog Unleashed (airing weekdays, 2:00-7:00 pm ET), at various times during the tournament for updates.

Rivals Radio, the college sports talk show hosted by Bill King and Chris Childers, airs every weekday morning (7:00-11:00 am ET) on SIRIUS XM Sports Nation, SIRIUS channel 122 and XM channel 143.

Listeners can also tune in for live sports talk all day every day on Mad Dog Radio (SIRIUS channel 123 and XM channel 144), where hosts will discuss all the latest news from the tournament with college hoops fans across the country. On Friday, April 2 (6:00-10:00 am ET) and Saturday, April 3 (10:00 am - noon ET), Gary Williams will host special editions of The First Word live from Indianapolis.

SIRIUS XM will also broadcast games from the NCAA(R) Division I Women's Basketball Championship, providing listeners from coast to coast with full coverage of every regional final, the Final Four and the Women's championship game.

Visit www.sirius.com/collegesports or www.xmradio.com/collegesports for game times and channels.

I'm not a basketball fan, but even if I was what's the big deal about hearing the game ?

I'd think most fans would rather go to the game or watch it on TV.

Many fans are on the road and listening to it is their only option. Why do you think there is sports on the radio at all?

I'm not a basketball fan, but even if I was what's the big deal about hearing the game ?

I'd think most fans would rather go to the game or watch it on TV.

Of course they would. But when you're in the car you can't watch them or go to them can you? What a silly statement.

That's like saying, why do they have music on the radio I think most fans would rather see it played live in concert than just hear it on the radio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts