Bought a Receiver - Question on Balance

dishn

Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
United Statues
Hi - I bought a Vip 622 on eBay, the seller stated no balance, both remotes, etc.

I have a leased Vip 622 from Dish and a 322 from them. I bought the Vip 622 to replace the 322.

I got the receiver yesterday, called to activate, I had not connected the receiver at this time, just gave them the R00 number from the back, then he asked me for the SID or SO number. He's like go the System Info screen, I told him it is not connected yet, so he's like read it off the box, I read it off the box, then he tells me there is a balance of $60.xx

I'm like that is strange, I'm like the box could be different.

Then he's like just call once the receiver is up and running.

I connected the receiver, called Dish, went to Sys Info, the new rep just asked me for the R00 number, which I gave from the sys info screen, I told her I want to make sure there is no balance, and want to replace my 322.

She puts me on hold for like 3 minutes, comes back and says, yeah there is no balance, we can add that receiver for you.

She then activated it and I have picture.

My question is I want to make sure there is no balance and I don't get billed, the Dish rep who put me on hold , came back and said there is no balance, I can activate it for you. Just want to make sure, can receivers only be activated if there is no balance? I dont want her to activate it and I have the balance on my account or so.

Thanks!

maybe the sell had just paid off the balance or it had just cleared there bank for a payment. atleast your up and running now so it looks all is good.

Thanks - appreciate the input.

That puts me at ease, just wanted to make sure they won't activate unless balance is cleared, the lady told me when i called the second time there is no balance and activated it for me.

What's weird is I am getting HBO/Showtime on this receiver, while my main receiver does not.

I am not sure if the update has not kicked in yet, because I dropped HBO/Showtime yesterday (free promotion ended). The main receiver does not have HBO/Showtime , but my secondary 622 that I bought still does.

I guess it will go away in the next push.

Like, they would not like activate it if there was like a balance due on it. if they like activated it then it probably like has no balance like due on it. so it looks like you are like ok.

He's like for sure? Then she is like for sure no way. He is like way no way. Then there like woooo wow yea, like ok.

Was the S# the same on the info screen and the box? It is possible the card was changed and the old card showed a balance. Possibly purple card replacing a gold card.

balance

I gave a receiver to a friend and i was current and when my friend tried to authorize it, with me standing there, they told him there was a balance. I got on the phone and the balance was the next months balance which had not been paid yet because it was not due (autopay). I went round and round and the rep kept telling me why he could not authorize it. I asked to check to see if i was on autopay still and he siad i was but he could not do anything about it. I hung up we played CSR roulette and bingo no problem.

It was and had been disconnected from my account for a while too. Yuk.

No I think the S# was different, the first time around I gave the S# from the box, the second time around when I went to Sys Info, I just gave her the R00 she asked.

She activated it with no problem. She said there was no balance, so I am taking her word for it, plus based on the feedback here it seems they would not activate it unless the balance is cleared.

One weird thing I am noticing it the receiver is getting HD/Showtime/HBO channels. I don't have the HD addon, no Showtime/HBO.

I do get my Internationals on it as well. I did have HBO/Showtime but dropped it like two days ago.

Not sure how I'm getting the HD channels/Showtime/HBO on it, I checked my account I don't have that programming there. But I know it is a receiver on my account, because I am getting the two specific Intl channels.

Not complaining, just was weird that it is happening like that.

The previous owner must have had the "extra" programing you are getting. The smartcard will eventually lose the old authorization so enjoy it while you are getting it.

The previous owner must have had the "extra" programing you are getting. The smartcard will eventually lose the old authorization so enjoy it while you are getting it.
+1 :up
I bought a receiver a few years ago from a guy in a different locals market (DMA), got it home, activated it, and ended up getting America's Everything pac and his locals and my locals. That lasted for about 6 weeks until the receiver finally kicked out the former owner's programming.

Hi - I bought a Vip 622 on eBay, the seller stated no balance, both remotes, etc.

I have a leased Vip 622 from Dish and a 322 from them. I bought the Vip 622 to replace the 322.

I got the receiver yesterday, called to activate, I had not connected the receiver at this time, just gave them the R00 number from the back, then he asked me for the SID or SO number. He's like go the System Info screen, I told him it is not connected yet, so he's like read it off the box, I read it off the box, then he tells me there is a balance of $60.xx

I'm like that is strange, I'm like the box could be different.

Then he's like just call once the receiver is up and running.

I connected the receiver, called Dish, went to Sys Info, the new rep just asked me for the R00 number, which I gave from the sys info screen, I told her I want to make sure there is no balance, and want to replace my 322.

She puts me on hold for like 3 minutes, comes back and says, yeah there is no balance, we can add that receiver for you.

She then activated it and I have picture.

My question is I want to make sure there is no balance and I don't get billed, the Dish rep who put me on hold , came back and said there is no balance, I can activate it for you. Just want to make sure, can receivers only be activated if there is no balance? I dont want her to activate it and I have the balance on my account or so.

Thanks!

there is one constant in the world of Dish. If there is a balance on an account any receiver on an account or formerly on an account CANNOT be activated under a different name/ account until the origanal account is closed or paid in full.
Once had a custy who was in need of a service call. I took care of part. She then asked my aboiu this receiver she had puchased on ebay ( red flag for me). She asked me if I could connect it for her. I looked the system over and discovered it was already cable readied for another receiver so I said it would be no problem.
Before I did the hook up, I called Dish about redeployment. And of course the reciver had a balance on it. No go..Woman was pissed. I told her you have to go to ebay to see if you can get her money back and report the perosn that sold her the item

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)