DISH Network offers movies earlier then Redbox and Netflix

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® OFFERS “THE BLIND SIDE” AND “SHERLOCK HOLMES” ONE MONTH EARLIER THAN REDBOX AND NETFLIX

WHAT: DISH Network L.L.C., the fastest-growing pay-TV provider in America, is offering blockbuster hits “The Blind Side” and “Sherlock Holmes” to customers 28 days before the films will be available from Redbox or Netflix Inc.

WHEN: “The Blind Side” is available for purchase today. DISH Network customers can purchase “Sherlock Holmes” beginning March 30.

WHY: DISH Network customers will be some of the first in the country to watch “The Blind Side” and “Sherlock Holmes” from the comfort of their own homes by ordering through DISH Cinema. With a click of the remote, customers can enjoy instant access to the movies in standard and high definition.

HOW: There are two easy ways to enjoy “The Blind Side” or “Sherlock Holmes” on DISH Cinema. Customers can watch the movies instantly On Demand in SD ($4.99) or HD ($6.99) by visiting channel 501, or rent by remote on DISH Network Pay-Per-View in SD ($4.99) or HD ($5.99) on channels 502-548. Call 1-877-DISH PPV (347-4778) or visit www.DishCinema.com.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Where is there press release? If you have one send it over so I can post it.

RandallA

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
Don't really care about when but how much the movie costs. I pay $16.99 (Blu Ray) for Netflix and I can watch 4-6 movies a month. With Dish, I could probably watch 2 HD movies per month for that price.

J

Jeff0575

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 2, 2008
Illinois
i like being able to NOT having to leave the house to get my movies. i prefer not to leave house just to get a movie. esp with current gas prices.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Why does this even need a press release?
If satellite companies send out a press release then I post them, and thats what happened here. :)

I just post what I get.

C

Curtis0620

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Central Florida
Wanna bet?

It's called instant gratification.

Now go back under your bridge troll, I think you've come out into the light too much recently.

Name calling. Typical.

Never say anything against the "Almighty" DISH Network.

nlk10010

nlk10010

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 10, 2004
Nassau County NY
This isn't Dish getting it earlier, it's Netflix (and, I assume, Redbox) having to delay releasing movies to subscribers. I believe there was a story about this a while ago, how Netflix had to make an agreement with one of the studios to delay releasing new movies by 30 days in order to be allowed to have them at all (or something like that).

Amounts to the same thing, of course, but this would presumably go for any satellite or cable provider.

C

Curtis0620

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Central Florida
This isn't Dish getting it earlier, it's Netflix (and, I assume, Redbox) having to delay releasing movies to subscribers. I believe there was a story about this a while ago, how Netflix had to make an agreement with one of the studios to delay releasing new movies by 30 days in order to be allowed to have them at all (or something like that).

Amounts to the same thing, of course, but this would presumably go for any satellite or cable provider.

Exactly. These are the only 2 that will not have it.

C

Curtis0620

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Central Florida
Maybe typical for you, because every one of your posts is anti-Dish. I took a look at your previous posts.......:rolleyes:

Even as petty as a press release in this case.

WOW, I can find quite a few of yours that are anti-Directv.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
WOW, I can find quite a few of yours that are anti-Directv.
Yeah but your starting to troll the Dish Network forums to much lately. Almost time for a warning.

Keep things on topic please. :)