Brackets

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishpr50

Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Someone knows if there are some kind of bracket that can be adapted to the feedhorn to put ku band lnbs around it? If so could anyone direct me to that place. Thanks:confused:

Someone actually made some kind of add-on kludge that somehow mounted in-between the C-band feedhorn and the dish. I think I saw it last year when someone was trying to unload an inventory of them. Might have been on eBay.

Anyway, what you need to do is buy a feedhorn designed to accept C and Ku LNBs. There is the Co-rotor, and then there are Bullseye models that can hold two Cs and one Ku, two Kus and one C and two of each, depending on what meets your needs.

Or you could probably kludge a tiny Ku feedhorn onto the outer edge of your C-band scalar ring. I've seen that done. You might be able to do that yourself with a large hose clamp.

Attachments

• DSSScalar_Ring2.jpg
    DSSScalar_Ring2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 144
That's not one of the ones I described, though I have seen it before.

I'm not sure that the Ku polarizer probe can be flipped remotely. Before you buy one of those, you'd better have Skyvision either confirm that the Ku signals are received by a linear probe that can be turned mechanically by the existing polarizer or that they have a linear Ku LNB that fits into that attachment that either employs 13/18V switching or "stacks" the two polarities. The LNB pictured looks like the circular one that they sell for mounting in the middle of prime-focus dishes.

FWIW, I bought one of Skyvision's DBS LNBs that was stripped of its feedhorn for prime focus use, and it seemed very noisy to me, and I know of another person who bought a couple and tried them in Venezuela and he didn't have good luck with them either.

The unit you pictured costs $100. The Corotor-II costs $120 from the same supplier and can often be had on eBay and elsewhere for less. You'd be much happier with the Corotor-II.

Last edited:
Thanks

AntAltMike said:

I'm not sure that the Ku polarizer probe can be flipped remotely. Before you buy one of those, you'd better have Skyvision either confirm that the Ku signals are received by a linear probe that can be turned mechanically by the existing polarizer or that they have a linear Ku LNB that fits into that attachment that either employs 13/18V switching or "stacks" the two polarities. The LNB pictured looks like the circular one that they sell for mounting in the middle of prime-focus dishes.

FWIW, I bought one of Skyvision's DBS LNBs that was stripped of its feedhorn for prime focus use, and it seemed very noisy to me, and I know of another person who bought a couple and tried them in Venezuela and he didn't have good luck with them either.

The unit you pictured costs $100. The Corotor-II costs $120 from the same supplier and can often be had on eBay and elsewhere for less. You'd be much happier with the Corotor-II.

Will check all options tomorrow. Thank to all of you.:)

AntAltMike said:

I would not buy one like is in the picture . I would make it for nothing .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)