Brand new system setup...need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This may sound like going backwards, but try putting an old DBS LNB on (if you have one around)... Since DBS birds are stronger, it might help you to point your dish correctly and then fine-tune it with the Ku linear LNB.

I say this because I was (am) forced to use a DBS LNB on my motorized dish for now (I have an SG-2100), since I don't have any spare linear LNB's and I'm awaiting the QPH Invacom. I have a DBS bird near my true south (Nimiq 1/3 at 91w), and was able to hit this rather quickly after installing my motor.

I was off on my true south direction, I thought it was 3-4 degrees further east than it was. But since I had my elevation on my dish correctly set and my motor latitude correctly set, I simply used USALS to move the dish to 91w and then panned the entire dish/motor assembly west until I hit quality.

I track the entire arc (get 99 quality on 61.5, 82, 91, 110, and 119) with no trouble.

You'll have to enter the proper settings for a DBS LNB, with a LO of 11250, for it to work properly...

thanks Tron....k..heres the dealio....Last night I hooked up my expressvu...used the small dish and vu reciever...bam..locked in at 95%.. I then hooked up my coolsat reciever....and it worked...Just to prove reciever works.. I then swaped my big dish to coolsat...nada... I have both dishes side by side...panned...no luck. Could it be my LNB? What is a good site to learn about LNB's?

It's *PROBABLY* not your LNBF... more likely either an incorrect setting on the receiver (remember you are using a different LNB with different settings when you hook up the big dish) or perhaps you're not tuned to an active transponder with the big dish.

A suggestion would be to swap the linear LNB on the big dish with a DBS one (like your expressvu LNB), hit 91 and peak your dish there, then swap out the DBS LNB with the linear one. There's a linear Ku bird also at 91, Galaxy 11. Not much at all other than feeds on it, but try TP 12060V 26700... Looks like there's a test card there that's FTA...

Can anyone confirm this?

To the best of my knowledge (been awhile since I installed a system), to set the motor angle I think I used a declination angle chart which showed my latitude (e.g., 50 N) then I looked accross and found the correct setting and subtracted 30 from the number, i think in my case it worked out to 39 deg (this is for the sg2100). Then I just panned across my due south sat (of course the mast pole was perfectly and I mean perfectly plumb) moving the dish, left, right then up a bit, left/right, then a bit more etc.. etc... In my mind, if your pole is plumb, I would use any of the sats close to your true south. T5 always has lots of good strong transponders. Also check your lnb, if its universal the high end would be 10600, if its linear the high end would be 10750 and if its circular (you can't get much fta with this one) its 11250.

Getting there

:) Well.....I've narrowed it down....I took my Bev LNB...put it on my 39" dish...got hooked up my bev reciever and just by looking at the bev dish I found the bev satellite on the 39" in two seconds....100% lock with the bev reciever. Leaving everything the way it was I swaped only the reciever to my coolsat. So thats coolsat...39" dish...bev LNB...I was getting 82% Quality. I then only swaped the ku lnb back in place...and guess what???? Nada...Zilch...Nothing So is it that I have a bad LNB or what....And what would be a good LNB to get...Can I get one at my local radio shack...or get to my satellite guy....

cant get them at Rat Shack

Make sure to change LO frequency to 10750 if a standard LNB...use G11 as the satellite

Since you are on 91, use 12060 V 26700 as the transponder and it should work (since Nimiq 1 and G11 are in the same spot pretty much)

Thanks Ice..... Well I changed the frequency..still nothing ...however what is 12060 V 26700? and where do I change that?

oh sorry

ok...you have a cooliosat :)

Go to the setup and pick satellite as Galaxy 11
LNB Power ON
LNB Type Single
LO Freq 10750
22K OFF
DiseQc OFF

Then go into the transponder list and on G11 add the transponder
12060 frequency
V polarity
26700 symbol rate

attachment.php

PSB said:
Not too familiar with that motor, but it seems you would put the lat. side to your lat.

If it is a universal LNBF make sure your L.O. is set to..

09750-10600

Try a blind scan if you feel you are close to a satellite.

1hogarth1 said:
nope...nothing works...has to be the LNB

It is and it isn't as you stated earlier and Pete responded to it, you said you have a universal LNB, that requires a different LO setting..

I did....I have set the L.O to this number and that number...tried every frigg'n number....gonna get another LNB and try again tomorrow....What's areally good LNB? for fta

Rick in MD said:
It is and it isn't as you stated earlier and Pete responded to it, you said you have a universal LNB, that requires a different LO setting..

whoops

If he has a universal, then set the LO frequency to 10600 (not 10750) and turn the 22K on

Status
Please reply by conversation.