Breaking News Live from the Directv Entertainment Expo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Everyone needs a bit more of a life and a grip on business reality; this is a long term multi-BILLION dollar company ordeal and things need to be RIGHT, not fast. I would hate to have some of "you people" running my company or making ANY valued business decisions. LOL!

a' la' Mark Cuban's Dairy Queen comment.. LOL!

I understand what your saying to a certain extent i argree. However this is like your boss telling you the bounus you where getting will be delayed a month and that month never arrives. We are losing faith in Directv. They say we are waiting a month for everyone to get the HD DVR ok thats great gives us a date a stick to it. If they dont communicate to there customers then they are just as bad as the cable companies. Isn't the cable companies strangle hold what we where trying to escape by going to directv in the first place. We need answers:(

Hey guys just a reminder that Chase Carey is schedualed to speak tommorow and satelliteguys.us will be here covering it and giving you the latest :)

Maybe Chase want's to flip the switch with great fanfare at their investor/press/etc conference. I'm sure their uplink center could time it with Chase flipping a dummy light switch :D

I wouldn't put money on that bet if I were you....EVER....16 million customers...they are profitable with or without NFL.

maybe I should say sports packages SD or HD? other then that what would keep anyone from jumping to Dish?

maybe I should say sports packages SD or HD? other then that what would keep anyone from jumping to Dish?

How about this. No HD LiL in my market from E*. A HD DVR with only one OTA tuner. You add this up and I can't record two HD network shows at once or record one and watch another at the same time. Since I watch more HD from the local networks than any other place, that is a deal breaker for me.

I agree when I worked for directv(a long time ago) people had there cable and then they would call directv just to get the NFL ST. ST is what got the dishes in the homes in the first place. The NFL Sunday Ticket is what seperates directv from cable

Someone explain this to me. A few days ago DirecTV put out a press release saying they will be the only ones with all MLB playoff games in HD. They were the only ones that have a contract for TBS HD. Well, if they are to do this they must put TBS HD on by Oct. 1. How are we to get all the MLB playoff games in HD if TBS HD does not come on soon ?

Someone explain this to me. A few days ago DirecTV put out a press release saying they will be the only ones with all MLB playoff games in HD. They were the only ones that have a contract for TBS HD. Well, if they are to do this they must put TBS HD on by Oct. 1. How are we to get all the MLB playoff games in HD if TBS HD does not come on soon ?
Oct. 1 is a good bet.

chan94 - 98? other then that all other games on locals?

just a guess

Those guys at DirecTV are definitely jerking our chain. They've said September for months on end and now here it is almost October and they're saying next month??? The website itself says 150 by the end of the year and now in the conference call today, they say "150 or there abouts." Frankly, I don't think they have a clue and the fact that they're stalling again is not a good sign.

If it is to be in October (and I don't believe anything they say anymore) you can bet your butt it won't be until October 31st and that leaves just 60 days to bring on all 150? Yeah, right!

These guys definitely don't have their act together and the fact that they are not coming forward and addressing broken promises from the past tells me they're having trouble. The whole thing is a PR nightmare and completely unnecessary.

...And they call this customer service?

TBS in HD WILL be on before October... COUNT ON IT.

All you people are so worried,
D* will start rolling out HD channels soon, START and continue thru October.
As was the original plan. They will NOT give a definate date for obvious reasons.
They will probably add several channels a small group and shortly after Announce the HD expansion.
It would be nice if the date we all guessed at comes true, remember that D* has NOT come out and said it would be a perticular day, CSR's don't count ...

I personally expect to see a few this week, D* will look at them and see how it goes over and if all goes well, add more.

NOTHING in that report said they would not have any until October.

Time for everyone to take a deep breath and relax.

Jimbo

I also think that another delay means that there must be some kind of problem. I believed them the other day when they said that the trouble was with the spot beams and national channels would not be affected. However, now I am starting to think there is bigger problems with D10 than they care to admit. :(

Those guys at DirecTV are definitely jerking our chain. They've said September for months on end and now here it is almost October and they're saying next month??? The website itself says 150 by the end of the year and now in the conference call today, they say "150 or there abouts." Frankly, I don't think they have a clue and the fact that they're stalling again is not a good sign.

If it is to be in October (and I don't believe anything they say anymore) you can bet your butt it won't be until October 31st and that leaves just 60 days to bring on all 150? Yeah, right!

These guys definitely don't have their act together and the fact that they are not coming forward and addressing broken promises from the past tells me they're having trouble. The whole thing is PR nightmare and completely unnecessary. ...And they call this customer service?

Too funny. LOL! I think I pee'd a little.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)