Breaking News!??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

AT&TDishman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Indianapolis
I'm sure this is not the right place to post this, but how long is "Breaking News" breaking news? I see the red letter "Breaking News" banner and it piques my interest right away, but is three days a bit long for any breaking news a la the XM/Sirius DOJ approval? I know whomever is responsible for keeing the site up-to-date has a daunting task, but three days is a little long for me. On the other hand, CNN has "breaking news" every minute it seems.

Where do you see that? You mean on the homepage? The homepage is basically just another forum, and you will see the newest posts at the top oldest at bottom. So until enough new stuff comes you will see that post about CNN on their. Just remember the posts are dated so if you see the breaking news look at the date ;)

that was approved by the department of justice earlier this week. i know both cnn and the associated press reported on it.

Where do you see that? You mean on the homepage? The homepage is basically just another forum, and you will see the newest posts at the top oldest at bottom. So until enough new stuff comes you will see that post about CNN on their. Just remember the posts are dated so if you see the breaking news look at the date ;)

I believe he is talking about the scrolling banner that runs across the top of all forum pages. It's gone now.

I have not seen anything about that yet, but thats because I have not been to the Home page I guess....

So the merger went thru ?

When does the actual combining of sat signals so everyone get it all happen, any word on that yet ?
Will it work with the current radios, what kind of price jump can we expect ?

I have XM on a trial basis and was going to signup, should I wait to see whats going to happen here first ?

Jimbo

Yet another overused term that has lost its meaning. Our local NBC affiliate now starts each and every news broadcast with "Breaking News" which is in actuality just whatever they decided the first news story would be, hyped to make it sound important.

Yet another overused term that has lost its meaning. Our local NBC affiliate now starts each and every news broadcast with "Breaking News" which is in actuality just whatever they decided the first news story would be, hyped to make it sound important.

I blame it initially on Fox, with their "Fox News Alert" - which has now been copied by all of the networks. They all do it, and are all to blame.

A nice way to grab attention, but so often for nothing at all. :)

I'd like to see a better diferentiation between breaking news and breaking rumours as what is in Scotts weekly dish is more rumour than news ( no offense Scott, great rumour but nothings factual without a tape recorder or camcorder).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)