Broadband problem VIP 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It is not an ATT issue as I dont have ATT. I have Comcast cable and continue to have the same issues. It is in fact the code/firmware on the 722 as every other device including my 222k have no issue grabbing an IP and keeping it.

Its not an ATT only issue, but if you scour the reports, a disproportional number are ATT users. That's why I think something on the ATT side, whether it's the router/firewall or something upstream "reveals" the problem. But I agree it is primarily a software problem on the Dish side.

And it's not the receiver losing it's IP, it's the receiver THINKING it is not internet connected. You can probably still ping the box, hit the receiver's https server, and even sling (if DishOnline will let you).

***crickets***

Haven't heard anything from a Dish rep in several weeks on here now...
I opened a case with engineering and haven't heard anything back from Dish about that either. This is really disappointing to have a function that I was truly wishful for especially since I travel alot for work and would be able to schedule my recordings as needed.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem as yet?

***crickets***

I opened a case with engineering and haven't heard anything back from Dish about that either. This is really disappointing to have a function that I was truly wishful for especially since I travel alot for work and would be able to schedule my recordings as needed.

I guess that dish does not care its been going on a long time now.

***crickets***

Currently we do not have any other troubleshooting steps other than resetting the connection. If you'd like to send me your account information, I can submit a technical problem report. Please also provide the software version your receiver has and how the receiver is connected to the internet (wireless, direct connection). After submitting the reports I will not receive any feedback but this is the only way to escalate this issue.

Zach the thing that really perplexes me is that this issue has been well-documented and discussed in detail in both this and other forums, including the Dish Support Forum. I would also assume the issue has also been reported directly by many customers. I'm at a loss as to why at this late date Dish is still "collecting information" in order to determine what the problem is. With the number of posts on the forums (and I assume a substantial number of customer reports directly through CSA's) I would think there is more than sufficient information available for debugging the software/firmware.

In any event, I will provide you the requested information.

I understand completely, this is just the information that we have been given. They maybe further along but there has not been feedback given to us to stop collecting information for reports. My guess is that this is an issue that is hard to replicate. I have a 722 that does not have the problem but my dad's 722 does have the problem. As soon as we hear anything I will pass it along.

I recently installed a sling adapter and I am having the same problems with my 722K. Before finding this thread, I posted a thread that stated the problem. Raymond from the DIRT teams quickly responded but he didn't have a cure. I do use ATT for DSL and use their 2Wire modem/router. The 722 is at software level 750, and it is connected to the router by an ethernet cable.

I'm also having same issues with my 722k and my solution is to stop using BBMP, and if I'm paying $10 extra for that per month, because I had platinum, then I'm going to cancel that part. I don't think BBMP is worth that. as for the broadband issue the way to resolve it is to test connection in bb setup menu.

I have the exact same issue with my 722K. When reporting the issue to technical support I was astounded, after reading the number of complaints on this and other forums, that the representative was clueless that this issue existed. I was informed on my first call that it was an AT&T problem and I could resolve the issue by contacting them to replace the UVERSE modem I was using. When that solution was executed it made absolutely no difference and my problem continues to exist. On my second call technical support was quick to blame everything except Dish Network for the issue. Either the representatives are intentionally attempting to place fault anywhere except Dish Network, or the dissemination of information related to known issues within technical support is dismal.

Thanks to AT&T for being concerned enough to swap the modem to resolve an issue that was not theirs.

Was this the person you spoke to in technical support?

head-in-sand.jpg

The Dish mantra: "Blame it on anyone other than us."

Dirt Team, why cant we get access to Tech Support without having to go through hoops and Script Readers. I usually hate talking to the customer service agents as i usually know more than them and anything in their script, they ask to try I have already run.

Are you referring to conversations such as this?

Tech support/CSR
:

Reset your receiver by unplugging it, plug it back in after waiting a minute or two and let it reboot.

Reset your broadband connection.

Disconnect and reconnect your network connection (wireless dongle or ethernet) to your receiver.

Reboot your computer and modem/router.

Customer
:

I still can't access the contents of my DVR using DRA or Dish Online, or I still can't sling content or see my DVR content online, or I have done that a number of times but then my DVR will later show as offline again.

Tech support/CSR:

Sorry but this is a problem with your internet service provider. Thank you for being a valued Dish customer. (Another customer sent to chase his own tail.) In the meantime, the problems continue with no end in sight.

Same issue here. New 722K delivered this last week and installed the Sling today. For the life of me, I cannot keep broadband connected. On this same router I have my blu-ray player that can stream just fine. The broadband most certainly is connected and alive. I have not been able to find a consistent workaround to keep it connected for any length of time.

I really do hope this is fixed in the near future. Been looking forward to this functionality since replacing my dying 622 and paying for Sling (I missed the rebate)

Same issue here. New 722K delivered this last week and installed the Sling today. For the life of me, I cannot keep broadband connected. On this same router I have my blu-ray player that can stream just fine. The broadband most certainly is connected and alive. I have not been able to find a consistent workaround to keep it connected for any length of time.

I really do hope this is fixed in the near future. Been looking forward to this functionality since replacing my dying 622 and paying for Sling (I missed the rebate)

I do not think we will see a fix for this, dish is all hopped up on the hopper right now

I was able to correct this issue by changing my rourter firewall settings to place the mac address of my 722K in DMZ mode. This work around would not be necessary if Dish would fix the issue created by L750.

Still no fix after receiver firmware updats and multiple calls to dish broadband support.
Even tried port forwarding and dmz no go. Works only for a few minutes. Can we still email the CEO email address.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Are you able to download IPVOD movies to stream to your receiver? If you press the DVR button on your remote, this will display Dish ON Demand. If you subscribe to Blockbuster @ Home, that will be your first choice. You also have All Movies as a choice (if you don't subscribe to BB@Home). Select All Movies and then one of the 4 choices. Any of the choices will list the available movies or shows you can view. Pressing the * key will display the free content. Make a selection and select Watch. It should initiate a download of that choice. Please let me know if you are able to view the IPVOD choice. Thanks.

Still no fix after receiver firmware updats and multiple calls to dish broadband support.
Even tried port forwarding and dmz no go. Works only for a few minutes. Can we still email the CEO email address.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Even tried port forwarding and dmz no go. Works only for a few minutes. Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This has been going on for months. Dish either can't fix it or has chosen not to, thus rendering online DVR access essentially useless. The Dish Support site has been down over a week and they can't seem to be able to fix that either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)