Broadband problem VIP 722

mruk69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Music City U.S.A
My receiver has version L677, when I click on Blockbuster movie pass, it tells me that my receiver needs to be connected to the internet. (which it already is direct connection to router).
So i go to 6-1-broadband setup and youy will see testing and immediatly change to connected. So,now if I press DVR and BB Movie Pass is will work.
Problem is I have to do this everytime I want to access BB movie pass.

My receiver has version L677, when I click on Blockbuster movie pass, it tells me that my receiver needs to be connected to the internet. (which it already is direct connection to router).
So i go to 6-1-broadband setup and youy will see testing and immediatly change to connected. So,now if I press DVR and BB Movie Pass is will work.

same here. have to check connection every time!

I also have the same problem there is a thread in the dish general forum on it I think it software and hope the new release will fix it but it seems we are pretending the problem does not exist so maybe they do not have a fix yet

So far neither of my 722Ks with the new L688 have had this issue *crosses fingers*.

I noticed new post on this there set up is the same as mine with 2wire is every body else with this problem
using a direct connection to there router ?

This is happening to me as well. The other strange thing is that option 3 now says 'Dish Platinum' again. It did say 'Blockbuster Movie Pass' last week. I know what's behind it is the same, it's just weird that the option label changed back... :confused:

This is happening to me as well. The other strange thing is that option 3 now says 'Dish Platinum' again. It did say 'Blockbuster Movie Pass' last week. I know what's behind it is the same, it's just weird that the option label changed back... :confused:
I got the new 721 software last night it did not fix the problem .

I received the software update last night as well and was hoping all would be fixed, but no luck, still won't connect to VIP 722.

I was told from DISH tech support that they are receiving a lot of reports of 722 broadband access issues through the DISH website...it's been happening to me on one of my 722. She went on to say that they are working on the website and will contact me tomorrow to see if it has been resolved

I noticed new post on this there set up is the same as mine with 2wire
That was my post. I was directed to this thread. My software version is L721RJKD-N. Looks like no update yet. I can begin a download of a movie, which I started viewing maybe 20-30 minutes later. About 20 minutes or more into the movie the screen froze and then my receiver re-booted. When it came back on it was showing a regular channel. Then it shortly showed a screen superimposed on the screen with a Download Now button. I selected to Download Now and continued to watch the regular channel. About 30 or 40 minutes later what I was watching froze and then re-booted the receiver.

I suppose I'll just wait until this gets sorted out and see what happens after I eventually receive the updated software version. I'm content with just having the Blockbuster by mail for free and I have two stores in town I can exchange movies at which are both only 1.9 miles away. I was never impressed with Netflix streaming available titles when I was with them so I can be patient. I agree with all the comments I've seen so far that the interface is horrible right now. You should be able to set Search Filters that stay, instead of clearing. Or, maybe that is another bug with my incorrect software version.

I would like to submit more Technical Problem Reports to bring this to attention. If you can please PM your account information and software version if you experiencing this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)