Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lanarian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 2, 2012
Pocatello Idaho
Hi all,
I know DirecTV Broadcasts networks in 480, 720 and 1080.
Does anybody know if and/or where to find a reference of what networks are broadcast in which resolutions? The 480's (SD) are pretty easy to figure out, but the 720's and 1080's are "iffy". It's not a big deal, just a curiosity thing.
The question came up the other night when the wife and I were watching The Walking Dead. We just got our first HDTV, and she commented that the picture didn't look as clear as it did on some of the other channels. I told her I thought it was because I think AMC is broadcast in 720 on DirecTV, where Showtime and HBO are in 1080.. then later I turned to HBO and used the Format button on the remote to show her the difference between the 3 formats (480, 720 and 1080) and how they looked on the TV).. which led into the whole "I thought HD was HD" discussion... LOL....
Anyway.. if anybody knows where to find that info, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!!

Set your receiver to "native on" (although I assume you already do if you care about resolution). Then, look and see what your TV displays. In general, Universal, Viacom, most movie-based channels are 1080 while ESPN and Fox channels are 720.

Status
Please reply by conversation.