Bsc621-2 C/ku Lnbf

Make sure you have the skew mark at 6' o'clock, then on a C-Band signal try moving the LNBF closer and further away from the dish while watching the signal quality, that made a big difference on mine.

Make sure you are not using the same settings (DFreq) that you may have scanned in using another LNBF as they are all out to each other slightly.

Use Lyngsat and do not trust blind scanned Freq. as they are usually off slightly, when you have the best signal quality you can get try re-tweaking the dish.

Getting GREAT results on C-Band with a 6' dish.

Thanks PSB. I just read a response from Ice on another post and maybe my problem is not blind scanning for G3 as I have been relying on freqs. already programmed in for that sat. I'll keep trying....thats the fun of FTA!!!

Hi,

From reading this thread I notice that the BSC 621 comes with a dielectric plate for circular C Band.

What does that do and what kind of c-band channels would you get with it? Does it help signal quality?

Where does this dielectric plate go? In the pictures posted I didn't see it used anywhere?

I'm thinking it goes inside the BSC621 C/Ku LNBF based on one of the pictures. There are slots which look like the place to put it. Is this correct?

I think this would be a great thing for my parents 7.5' dish. Having Ku for them would be great.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Virgil

Hi Iceberg,

Thanks for the info on what sats use it.

Do you know where the dielectric gets installed in the BSC621?

If you install the dielectric, will you only beable to get circular C- band or can you get both circular and linear C- band?

Thank you,

Virgil

from using the list above, here are the satellites that need the plate in
I707 (53W)
I705 (50W)
NSS-806 (40.5W)
I907 (27.5W)
I905 (24.5W)

Since I cant see any of those it's useless to me :)

I dont know the answer to the 2nd question...hopefully someone can chime in

Hi Iceberg,

Thanks for the info!!

My parents dish only goes to about 50W, so their useluess for me too, but it's good to know how stuff works.

Thank you

Virgil

The dielectric plate goes down the throat of the LNB, there are two slots, one for RIGHT hand and one for LEFT hand polarization.

I have never tried it, but I think with the dielectric plate in (any) position the LNBF will only work for circular polarized satellites :)

Hi Pete,

That what I tought, but wasn't sure and because I can't get to those sats that Iceberg mentioned I will not be able to try it. No matter, If my parents decide that wnat the BSC 621, it will be good so that they can get the Ku channels.

Thanks for you info..

Virgil

Hey PSB, any idea what the focal distance would be on a 10' mesh? I'm picking up a 'freebie' on Monday. I've had the bsc621 on my 5' mesh but am terribly disappointed in the ku reception.

sikma said:
Hey PSB, any idea what the focal distance would be on a 10' mesh? I'm picking up a 'freebie' on Monday. I've had the bsc621 on my 5' mesh but am terribly disappointed in the ku reception.

Not off hand, I would refer to the dish manufactures web site. Let Signal Quality be your guide.

Set it uo for C-Band then enter a LIVE Ku TP. and re peak, you will have to move the dish slightly to catch the Ku signal. Then fine tune the focal distance add skew on the Ku signal. The C-Band signals will drop slightly but you want to peak your Ku signals.

The bigger dish should really help.

Hi Pete
Just read through this thread and you provided alot of tips for setting up the BSC621.Just have a couple of questions that you probably can answer for me.

1-The 621 feedhorn cover has holes in it, should they be sealed to keep out any rain or does it have to breath to keep out condensation.
2-I only have the scalar that came with the BSC and should that be mounted at the same f/d where the KU lnbf was and adjust the lnbf toward and away from the dish for best quality?

Dave

11/ I would leave it as is! Any modification will void the warranty. Plus my old trusty ASC421 has the same style cover and has never let me down. And we had some REAL heavy rain recently! (Or so they tell me :) )

2/ I would start where Ku was then adjust it while watching the signal quality. That's what I did on my 40" dish. On the Bud the scalar ring is fixed and the LNB is adjusted for F/D

Ok Pete
I did have a very temp arrangement and wanted to attach the unit more securely.the initial tests appeared good.
i will report how the 1.2m and 621 turn out for me later.(maybe much later)

Dave

I'm assuming this feedhorn handles both horz and vert polarities.
If so, does it use the 13/18 volt switching arrangement?

Anyone having any issues with the KU Freq Hi of 10600 instead of 10750? Does it make much of a difference? I have never dealt with a universal locked KU lnb.

Hopefully I didn't make a mistake in purchasing this lnbf.

ALL universal Ku LNBF's use 9750-10600 for the L.O. No issues here!!!!!

What issues are you having?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)