Buckeyes On Espnu????

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
How in the H* is the #1 team in the country relegated to the obscure channel ESPNU that very few people have access to?! I am lucky to have a seldom used C-Band dish and was able to find and view the game. Another impressive win for the Buckeyes by the way, 44 - 3. Others in the Cleveland area must content themselves with a replay of the game at either 8 or 11 pm. That really sucks. Can't understand ESPN's decision on that carriage at all.

ESPN/ABC did it to try and force Time Warner and Wide Open West (at least in Columbus) and other cable networks to add the channel to their lineup. It's all about ESPN trying to kill off CSTV and gain viewers for advertising revenue.

But WHO did Ohio State play??!! Indiana??!! Come on guys...I assure you if Ohio State was playing a football school.....hell not even a powerhouse....just a football school....they would have been on ESPN or ESPN2 for sure!!

But WHO did Ohio State play??!! Indiana??!! Come on guys...I assure you if Ohio State was playing a football school.....hell not even a powerhouse....just a football school....they would have been on ESPN or ESPN2 for sure!!

Yes , but there have been numerous times this year I have seen teams that have NO intereast to most viewer ON espn or espn2 such as Rutgers, Marshall , C. Flordia , just look at the lineups outside of the Big Boys, the Thurday games are filled with nobodies, most of the time, later in the year there will be a series of TUESDAY games as well.
On the bright side ESPNU is trying to establish it's self, but they need to make if available to a larger audience if they want to achive that.

Jimbo

How in the H* is the #1 team in the country relegated to the obscure channel ESPNU that very few people have access to?! I am lucky to have a seldom used C-Band dish and was able to find and view the game. Another impressive win for the Buckeyes by the way, 44 - 3. Others in the Cleveland area must content themselves with a replay of the game at either 8 or 11 pm. That really sucks. Can't understand ESPN's decision on that carriage at all.

If you have sat. then it was available to you, I had a post earlier that told people how to find it.

The Buckeye will be back on REAL TV this week,
I don't remember if I heard ABC or ESPN, but back to TV we can watch.
The ESPNU feed looked like it might have been shot in 220i...
Really sad.
If ESPNU wants to move up with the Big Boys they will definatly need to improve the quality of the signal and hopefully go HD as well

Theres High Def and there Standard Def, this was LOW def...maybe worse, maybe beneath pond scum definition

Jimbo

Last edited:
That was one of the worst looking productions I have ever seen. I've seen High School coverage of local HS football that looked better.

Yeah when Ohio State plays a good football team they do get played on the main stations.

Rutgers a school nobody cares about? They are considered to be in the top TV market in the country... the advertising people sure care about them.

Rutgers a school nobody cares about? They are considered to be in the top TV market in the country... the advertising people sure care about them.

That's because they play in the Big Least....I mean the Big East. Sorry I couldn't help myself. I have no room to talk my favorite team is the Kentucky Wildcats. They haven't been in the top 25 since the Eisenhower administration. :D

Yes , but there have been numerous times this year I have seen teams that have NO intereast to most viewer ON espn or espn2 such as Rutgers, Marshall , C. Flordia , just look at the lineups outside of the Big Boys, the Thurday games are filled with nobodies, most of the time, later in the year there will be a series of TUESDAY games as well.
On the bright side ESPNU is trying to establish it's self, but they need to make if available to a larger audience if they want to achive that.

Jimbo

But Rutgers is doing VERY well for the 1st time in what? FOREVER? Marshall and C. Florida was probably a nothing game in the middle of the week.

Well, it looks like it's Michigan's turn to be featured this weekend on ESPNU. Yep, I guess the Big Ten teams get to play one token games on ESPNU in return for the sweet deal they have with ESPN/ABC.

The BIG TEN really has nothing to complain about because the are THE featured conference on ESPN. CBS has 1st dibs on the SEC and then there Notre Dame Network(NBC)...and ABC has Big 12 and sloppy seconds from the other big name colleges....(notice how I didn't say conferences)...

The BIG TEN really has nothing to complain about because the are THE featured conference on ESPN. CBS has 1st dibs on the SEC and then there Notre Dame Network(NBC)...and ABC has Big 12 and sloppy seconds from the other big name colleges....(notice how I didn't say conferences)...

ABC is mostly Big Ten as well, at least in this part of the country, seeing ABC and ESPN are owned by the same company, that can be expected.

Jimbo