C Band Dish Installation Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Brian,

I am using the breakout cable supplied with the MicroHD. It was still in its package...never used.

John

Do like Brian said and making sure it is fully inserted....

Try musical chairs with the RCA plugs. In other words, if yellow from the microHD is not producing a picture to yellow on the TV set, try swapping around the cables.

Reactions: fred555
Hi All,

Problem solved.:clapping
I found yet another breakout cable in my vast assortment of wires and cables...and this one worked.
Too late now to work on the dish...sun going down, but I'll be back at it tomorrow.
Thanks to those who offered suggestions.

John

Hi All,

I have the C band LNB (Norsat 8115) connected directly to the Satellite in connection on my microHD and I'm receiving no indication of any power from the LNB. The signal level indicator is reading 0. The installation menus are in their default setting and I have the frequency set on the C band at 5150.
Even if my polarization hasn't been optimized, I should be getting some indication of power from the LNB...right ?
Thanks in advance for ideas.

John

Try another coax cable. If the LNB powers, the receiver signal level should read 45% without satellite signal acquisition.

Maybe a bad LNB. Do you have a spare LNB/LNBF? Connect another LNB or LNBF to confirm the receiver displays 45% signal level reading.

Brian,

Will try that. Hate to think the LNB is bad, bought it last fall, haven't used it yet.

John

Brian,

I hooked up a spare C- band LNB to another coax, but didn't connect it to the feedhorn. No power noted...0 signal indicator reading.

John

Have you got a VOM you can stick on the Sat in line to see if there is voltage present?

Thanks Fred I'd like to get this solved ASAP. I'm doing this on my days off, that end tomorrow.
You have to order that meter from Home Depot.

Almost guaranteed your local Lowe's or Home Depot will have a meter similar to that one in stock in the store. Sometimes even Wal-Mart will have them in the hardware area.

Reactions: fred555
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts