C Band Experiment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok it's time for another experiment. Whats the smallest dish anyone has successfully gotten 103W on? I'm wanting to get the Ion channels and RFD maybe. I have an old 36" Primestar I can modify/experiment with. Any suggestions on a Lnb (cband only) Don't want to put a lot of $$$$ in it. If it doesn't work out I won't be out much. Thanks! Blind

I never played with mini dishes with C band myself. So my answer is a 10 foot. The thing is after going below 8.5 feet you start to really introduce side lobes at 2 degree spacing. A 5 foot will work to a point when there are no adjacent satellites nearby.

Well I did play briefly with a 1.2m dish and C-Band, but I didn't have what I would call a great success. I did get C-Band, but very little, and since it's been a long time back and I can't verify that 103.0w had any channel I did get with the 1.2m dish. I'll go along with what tvropro said and say a 10' dish works very good on my end. But, it really doesn't matter what someone else got, or what someone else can not get, it should only matter what you can get. So go for it!!! Good Luck!

Ok it's time for another experiment. Whats the smallest dish anyone has successfully gotten 103W on? I'm wanting to get the Ion channels and RFD maybe. I have an old 36" Primestar I can modify/experiment with. Any suggestions on a Lnb (cband only) Don't want to put a lot of $$$$ in it. If it doesn't work out I won't be out much. Thanks! Blind

Well I did play briefly with a 1.2m dish and C-Band, but I didn't have what I would call a great success. I did get C-Band, but very little, and since it's been a long time back and I can't verify that 103.0w had any channel I did get with the 1.2m dish. I'll go along with what tvropro said and say a 10' dish works very good on my end. But, it really doesn't matter what someone else got, or what someone else can not get, it should only matter what you can get. So go for it!!! Good Luck!

You will want to perform a search for "Walrus".

He was dabbling with C-Band on 1.0 M dishes (my dish as a matter of fact) and experimenting with homade SCALAR rings and he had good results, but the results require explaining, I will leave that up to him.

I actually was present for some of Walrus' experiments with C-Band and can vouch for the results. I will allow Walrus to explain the details if he desires to, but I can assure you that a 1M dish will get more than a few C-Band channels to pop in with acceptable quality if you play around with it enough.

Radar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)