HH 180 motor control wire source or alternative

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mjac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
FL/TN
I am in the process of setting up the 6' C-band dish and HH 180 motor I received from Comptech. (thanks again!) While I still will have limited LOS, the HOA be damned, they won't be able to see it from the street and the neighbor is cool with it.
The short wire pigtail from the motor reveals two wires maybe 18ga, (a pure guess) and three smaller wires, maybe 22ga (another guess). Only two of the smaller wires are used however.
Any recommendations on where/what to get wire for a 100' run to a General Instruments 650i receiver to move the motor?

I am in the process of setting up the 6' C-band dish and HH 180 motor I received from Comptech. (thanks again!) While I still will have limited LOS, the HOA be damned, they won't be able to see it from the street and the neighbor is cool with it.
The short wire pigtail from the motor reveals two wires maybe 18ga, (a pure guess) and three smaller wires, maybe 22ga (another guess). Only two of the smaller wires are used however.
Any recommendations on where/what to get wire for a 100' run to a General Instruments 650i receiver to move the motor?

Yep, sprinkler wire. Comes in 100' rolls, 18 ga conductors. I use a 7-conductor for my dishes, even though I don't use a servo feedhorn, I put the wires there.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Rain-Bird-7-Strand-Sprinkler-W7100/dp/B0002YP6Y4/ref=sr_1_1/191-3675882-2438044?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1238455764&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Rain Bird 7-Strand x 100-Foot Sprinkler System Wire #W7100: Home Improvement[/ame]

You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes, or anywhere that has sprinkler system parts... :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)