C Band LNB recommendations on a Paraclypse dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richinald

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2015
Aruba
Hello,

Just wanted to request if there can be given recommendations about a good LNB that can withstand weather conditions.(rain, sun and corrosion)
Also a requirement would be that the LNB should have dual polarity (die electric plate) and can pull in weak and strong transponders on C and KU Band.

The LNB should be able to be installed on a Paraclypse "12 mesh dish, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Everybody would like to have that ;) Not much available for C/Ku reception unless you spend some money for a dual orthomode feed and 4 LNBs and it's still a compromise. Titanium carries a LNBF version that may work for you. I use a Bullseye II dual ortho.
HTPCmay13 016.JPG

Titanium Satellite - Store

Hello,

Just wanted to request if there can be given recommendations about a good LNB that can withstand weather conditions.(rain, sun and corrosion)
Also a requirement would be that the LNB should have dual polarity (die electric plate) and can pull in weak and strong transponders on C and KU Band.

The LNB should be able to be installed on a Paraclypse "12 mesh dish, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Paraclipse is a great dish, but the older ones don't work great on Ku band. Most people elect to use an offset dish for Ku. I don't do Ku, but if I did, I'd use a 48 inch dish. It is possible to motorize them, but as Magic said, you may want to give Titanium's a shot, it's a lot less expensive than purchasing a 48 inch offset dish. :)

Reactions: KE4EST
Hi take a look here,

Which combo feed LNB configurations or LNBF's works well or use 1 mtr dish for Ku?

The old paraclipse will work very well in KU band if time and effort is made on the installation, its one of only a few mesh dishes made with KU wavelength in mind,

Why most mesh dishes don't perform well in KU band is there wavelength is mainly for C band, this dish is a different kettle of fish,

If you want better results on the older dishes install finer mesh,

I'm not saying it will perform as good as a one piece solid spun dish of the same size but good results can be had.

Hi,

Thank you for all the feedback and recommendations,I appreciate it
It helps a lot for choosing the right LNB.

Richinald

Reactions: martin-f
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts