C & Ku Band on Small Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks David. As soon as I make some adjustments in my setup. I'll commence with playing with the cband on my small dish.

On 99 I get 30 channels. 97 I get 4. 95 I have 8 channels. 91 a dozen (sometimes the CW is unscrambled and I get 5 more). 83 I get a couple. 55 and 58 I get a whole bunch. Most are spanish. 101 has 3 or 4. 103 sometimes I get the Ion mux. 107 has over 20. 111 gets 2 channels. 121 gets about 10. 123 gets 2 unscrambled. On 125 I get the TBN mux.
Well worth the effort. And it's true what everyone says. It will make you want a bigger dish. I am currently putting up a 6 footer. Hope to get a lot more c band!

When ya have time, could you please list the channels you get?

Cheers, K

interesting project. I'm thinking of putting my c-band on the 1.2 and the k-band on the 6'. would any of the lnbf's I use on the 1.2 for k-band work on the 6' prime focus dish? chas

Not properly, what you need is a Ku LNBF designed for prime focus.

The channel list is what I would want; but first, let's take a look at the comparison of 2 degree spaced frequencies of co-4 degree spaces. Here, the available satellite frequencies list of FTA or DVB-S/S2 is compared to both sides of the dishes available + not FTA frequencies list "used" on each of the adjacent satellites! What shows at 4 feet are a NUMBER OF PROBLEMS IN c band receptiveness; it still depends on the dishes "beamwidth"; which varies immensely at diameter. This does not mean it misses that much; because the signals are still there; the "avalanch" "available" becomes the important thing "missing"... 6 foot shows this problem too; and without making it perfectly static in all formational dish reflection; will it work on "every channel" (no) but it gets many I want and need! And the oldest satellites in the sky today depend on their constellation values still (2 degree spacing +- .); they work for the channels they aim at "statically" or on polar mounts!

I used a dish that was 4' mesh portable; (today motor only) in 2008 and watched Sportsman channel in FTA mode for years (before they became scrambled) using a c lnbf single; so yes; they will get you channels! Lots (enough) if you speak English (C Band has most)! To get KU with it is the pudding; we already know how fine an arc that is needed!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)