c41w + setup = $200 & 24-month contract renewal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

reybie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Hotrizona
I think with a little guidance and/or an instruction sheet I can install this myself. Is this available from any of the vendors yet? My objective is to add a small TV to one area of the house. I'm trying not to run coax but can possibly do ethernet if there's a way to use it with a C31/41.

You're lucky to be offered the C41W at any price, since it is still only available in certain areas, and not from the online vendors.
The price includes the C41W, the Wireless Video Bridge, and some installation work, but when the C41W becomes available online I doubt the price will be much different.

...and of course you will still be up for a 24 month contract renewal where ever you get the C41W

I expect that price will come down as it gets out there, but that is likely a year away.

The C31/C41 client box can be had for under $50 new on eBay anymore.

Today it is only from Directv themselves and in test markets, I wouldn't expect them to budge on price.

The C41w (Or any other Genie Client) doesnt use Ethernet. It gets its internet connection from the main Genie. It gets everything (Live TV, Recordings, On Demand and Internet) from the main Genie

ummm.. just a thought.. You do have a Genie don't you? Some folks think the C31/C41's are receivers.
So, just to be clear.. C31's and C41's are not receivers. They are clients. They require a Genie to be able to do anything. (this isn't so much for the O.P., but for anyone else reading the thread).

Yeah, have the Genie and 2 clients. If I get a C41/31 from outside of Directv, does that extend my contract for another 24 months?

Ouch, that kinda blows that my 24-month counter resets even if I don't get the client from Directv directly. I guess I'll wait out the other 12 months and see where it goes when it's month to month time.

Wow, almost a year since I posted this. I'm curious if anyone's gotten the wireless client and video bridge through retention or even new subs. Might as well give them a try if I will renew my contract.

Several people got the wireless client but had to pay for the bridge....

This is making it tempting to try the Hopper with sling. I've been patiently waiting for the directv android app to improve. I'll have to do some number crunching and wife convincing lol.

You still have to pay $6 a month for a "client" right? Regardless that it is using one of the Genie's tuners that is already in the box and working fine?

There's no access card in the clients, C31/41/41w right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)