C61K Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sswheeler

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
Slidell, LA
About every other day when I turn the TV on, the C61k reverts to 480. Could someone explain why this is happening? My setup for this is as follows:

HR-54
CK61K
Denon AVR-S510BT
Samsung UN65JU6700FXZA - 65" Class (64.5" Diag.) - LED - Curved - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV

Everything goes through the Denon then to the TV.

Any help would be great.

Thanks you

I would start by verifying that both the HDMI cable from the C61K to the AVR and the cable from the AVR to the TV are capable of handling 18Gbps.

I was able to cause a 480p condition by swapping good HDMI cables for not-quite-so-good cables. After changing back to the good cables, I had to use INFO Button...Audio/Video...Change Resolution & Format menu selection. Using the Next button to navigate through the 720 and 1080i resolution options until I got to the 1080i option I wanted. This resolved the stuck 480p.

Reactions: sswheeler
off topic, but i didnt see anything about the HDMI ports supporting hdmi2.0, you get true 4k from the denon?

Th
I would start by verifying that both the HDMI cable from the C61K to the AVR and the cable from the AVR to the TV are capable of handling 18Gbps.

I was able to cause a 480p condition by swapping good HDMI cables for not-quite-so-good cables. After changing back to the good cables, I had to use INFO Button...Audio/Video...Change Resolution & Format menu selection. Using the Next button to navigate through the 720 and 1080i resolution options until I got to the 1080i option I wanted. This resolved the stuck 480p.
Thank you for the tip. I will look at my cables.

off topic, but i didnt see anything about the HDMI ports supporting hdmi2.0, you get true 4k from the denon?
From Denon site: https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/receivers/avrs510bt

The perfect combination of high performance and high value, the Denon AVR-S510BT delivers superb sonic fidelity along with a host of advanced features that includes compatibility with the latest HDMI 2.0 specification, along with the latest HDCP 2.2 specification that's required for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content. The video section features 5 HDMI inputs, 3 of which feature 4K Ultra HD/60 Hz full frame rate and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling pass-through for the ultimate home theater experience.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts