C61K Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sswheeler

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
Slidell, LA
About every other day when I turn the TV on, the C61k reverts to 480. Could someone explain why this is happening? My setup for this is as follows:

HR-54
CK61K
Denon AVR-S510BT
Samsung UN65JU6700FXZA - 65" Class (64.5" Diag.) - LED - Curved - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV

Everything goes through the Denon then to the TV.

Any help would be great.

Thanks you

I would start by verifying that both the HDMI cable from the C61K to the AVR and the cable from the AVR to the TV are capable of handling 18Gbps.

I was able to cause a 480p condition by swapping good HDMI cables for not-quite-so-good cables. After changing back to the good cables, I had to use INFO Button...Audio/Video...Change Resolution & Format menu selection. Using the Next button to navigate through the 720 and 1080i resolution options until I got to the 1080i option I wanted. This resolved the stuck 480p.

Reactions: sswheeler
off topic, but i didnt see anything about the HDMI ports supporting hdmi2.0, you get true 4k from the denon?

Th
I would start by verifying that both the HDMI cable from the C61K to the AVR and the cable from the AVR to the TV are capable of handling 18Gbps.

I was able to cause a 480p condition by swapping good HDMI cables for not-quite-so-good cables. After changing back to the good cables, I had to use INFO Button...Audio/Video...Change Resolution & Format menu selection. Using the Next button to navigate through the 720 and 1080i resolution options until I got to the 1080i option I wanted. This resolved the stuck 480p.
Thank you for the tip. I will look at my cables.

off topic, but i didnt see anything about the HDMI ports supporting hdmi2.0, you get true 4k from the denon?
From Denon site: https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/receivers/avrs510bt

The perfect combination of high performance and high value, the Denon AVR-S510BT delivers superb sonic fidelity along with a host of advanced features that includes compatibility with the latest HDMI 2.0 specification, along with the latest HDCP 2.2 specification that's required for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content. The video section features 5 HDMI inputs, 3 of which feature 4K Ultra HD/60 Hz full frame rate and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling pass-through for the ultimate home theater experience.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)