Cable Modem (Cisco DPC3010) LED Question

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
I have a Cisco DPC3010 cable modem I purchased from Charter (my cable provider) along with the internet service. (I bought it because I did not want to pay the monthly rental fee)

I used to see the following on the 5 LEDS:

Power: GREEN
DS: AMBER
US: GREEN
ONLINE: AMBER
LINK: GREEN

However, I recently dumped them for TV and went with DirecTV, leaving my basic cable and internet intact. A few days ago, I noticed that the modem now shows all LEDs green, even after a reset.

I did some Google'ing, and it seems that the amber LEDs indicate a bonded connection. My question is should they be amber or green. I'm paying about $60 a month for the internet, so I'd be ticked off if they lowered my connection speed because I dumped their over priced, poor cable TV service.

Thanks

I think its actually the otherway around, im pretty sure green notates docsis3. So it seems you got an upgraded connection maybe?

When you downgraded service to internet only what speed did you agree for?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Some of the people and the tech that showed up according to that thread on dsl reports are pretty clueless. The lights notate about channel bonding and whether the area is d3 enabled or not, and when the downstream on channels 2-8 read 0.0 that meant channel not available not that the signal lvl was 0. And if your link light is yellow, that means that your router/switch/component is operating at 100mbs not 1000. Green is for gigabit, motorolla uses blue for this.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts