Cable TV HD Competition

kfried001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
I talked with a COX Cable CSR yesterday. He said with VOOM gone, there is less incentive for them to add HD programming to their lineup.

That's the sad part, lack of competition is not in the best interests of the consumer. Maybe the government could have bailed them out like Chrysler for research and development purposes and to advance HD technology.

Unless the VP of Marketing is also a CSR, I would not worry too much about that comment. The sales of HDTV are still going up and prices are falling. They may not rush as quickly to ramp up HDTV offering but will probably do it so that the quality is there instead... hopefully

I called E* yesterday to see what kind of deal I could get to go back to them and was told that even though I did not have a contract with them before and did not stay for at least 6 mos. There was no deal of any kind available to me. I have to buy the hd boxes and equiptment outright. I said "so you are telling me to go to D*"? D* still wants $300.00 an HD box. Thats lack of competition for you. Higher prices, less insentive, little to no customer service, long contracts. After all were will you go if you want the media content. They can do what ever they want. Maybe I'll just move to Penn. and live with the Amish.

Hey!...it's JUST TELEVISION. LOL
It's entertainment...that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Keep it in perspective :)

Lob

Lobstah said:
Hey!...it's JUST TELEVISION. LOL
It's entertainment...that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Keep it in perspective :)

Lob
It's not just televisions, IT'S VOOM!

wouldn't that give you more incentive, so you could try to grab the voom subscribers (ya ya all 3 of them), who obviously care about High Definition over anything else

kfried001 said:
I talked with a COX Cable CSR yesterday. He said with VOOM gone, there is less incentive for them to add HD programming to their lineup.

I can't believe that Voom was any kind of motivating factor for Cox in PHX to add HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)