Cablevision Board To Debate Voom Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
calikarim said:
I also believe we should get James dolan's email and EVERY VOOM SUBSCRIBER SHOULD EMAIL HIM TELLING HIM HOW MUCH WE LOVE VOOM. He underestimates the power of the service and the loyalty of its following. Lets organize a chain massive email to James and rest of board to tell them of our feelings for Voom.
calikarim, great suggestion! Though I think we can get better results if we write to Charles, not James. I doubt James will change his mind because of a few customer letters. After all it's not the customers who he is concerned about.
On the other hand for Charles Dolan, it might be very important to hear some words of support from his loyal customers. Just thinking out loud...

I agree that emailing is pretty much a waste of time. They know they have subscribers that love the service. That's not the issue... it's all about whether it's a good investment or a bad one.

And fyi...there was a recent news blurb about Gates getting 4million emails a day...
Doesn't seem to have changed his mind about very many things ;)

Lob

Fyi

To: Rainbow Media Enterprises Staff

Date: January 19, 2005

Subject: Yesterday's Board Action

Yesterday, Cablevision's Board of Directors in a split vote passed a resolution to sell or dispose of Rainbow DBS, i.e., VOOM and VOOM 21.

While this news is startling, we wish to assure you that the board's action is not in the slightest way a negative reflection upon you or the quality of your work. In our opinion, it has to do with today's post Enron regulatory climate, which places great emphasis on the potential legal liability of directors who sit on the boards of corporations involved with new enterprises such as RDBS.

It is our expectation that RDBS will be offered for sale as an operating business. To do otherwise risks minimizing the return to Cablevision. Sale of RDBS requires RDBS to continue to operate normally. Should RDBS, the business, be sold, RDBS staff will simply work under new ownership.

Potential bidders for RDBS include members of the Dolan family. We love working with a skilled group as dedicated as the RDBS staff, and we love the VOOM project.

We ask and appreciate your patience during this potentially confusing period. The best advice we can provide you is to continue to focus on improving VOOM, both the product and the operation, and all of RME. That is the most any employee at any time can contribute towards securing our future, but especially now.

We look forward to keeping you informed of these matters.

that's clear. Charles will do it himself.... And that's good news for Voom IMHO

Someone could trace the IP although he/she could have used a different machine.

I guess Charles (and Tom) has every intension to do it himself. Maybe he'll sell most of his Cablevision stocks to purchase Rainbow DBS. I guess that'll mean no Echostar purchase.

Hong.

Ah geez folks. Why is it the nature for folks to always question when someone from Voom takes the time to join up and share a message that was sent to them...

That's not something someone joins up and creates a post because they're bored...

OK, I have a confession to make. After only 2 months I have discovered that I am a VOOMAHOLIC. If they take away my Voom, I don't know what I will do.

After reading this thread I am already getting the shakes, jitters, and (worst of all) the HEEBIE JEEBIES just thinking about no Monster HD, no Rave, no KungFu, and my Siamese cat thinks Lab is the greatest thing sinced sliced tuna. PLEEZE say it isn't so!!!

If it happens, I am going to need some serious support from this group. But wait....no Voom, no Voom forum!

OH...
MY...
GOD!!!!!

:river :yikes !sadroll :no :shocked

wearwolf said:
i have more inside info then anyone would care to know
I think we would all like to know everything wearwolf. Tell us more. For all we know you are Pradike/ boo/ red ufo etc etc.

vurbano said:
Interesting first post. Inside information. WOW. Now can anyone confirm that it is authentic?
I can't tell for sure that this memo is authentic. But I believe that the poster is a VOOM insider by the use of acronyms such as "VOOM 21", "RDBS" and "RME".

vurbano said:
I think we would all like to know everything wearwolf. Tell us more. For all we know you are Pradike/ boo/ red ufo etc etc.

I think I can say with utmost sincerity that it is not boo, boo is a wonderful person, who I believe, is sad that this is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)