[CABLEVISION] NEW HD Channels -- INHD2 & SNY HD Coming 3/30/2005

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Brighton Line said:
When the Mets play the Yankees in da Bronx since the Yankee home game would be in HD couldn't Sports NY carry their feed in HD and then be on 730?

Why wouldn't it just be on YesHD?

This begs the question. Today is Mets opening day at 1pm in NYC. Will the game be in HD in IOHD or INHD2 (pre-empted)? It was not in the PIG last night and I had to do a manual timer. Just in case ESPN HD is not blocked out I also made a recording time. If anyone is home today, can you let us know if the Mets are being aired on INHD2 at 1pm ET?

The Mets game in HD is on channel 730. Came up on the Norwalk, CT system about 15 seconds after 1:00. PQ is great, audio and video were not in sync when they cut to the booth. While the game is not listed in the IPG it is listed on the scrolling guide channel.

Yes, they have it listed as iOHD but it's INHD2 unless SNY has a HD Mets game then INHD2 will be preempted for the game. Interestingly, YESHD used to be listed as iOHD but the channel tag was changed to YESHD when INHD2/SNY was added.

I thought that the YES HD games looked fantastic last year but this one looks splendid. All graphics are very nice well done. While YES HD uses the same graphics for SD and HD (starting line up and defense graphics), the Mets shows HD graphics.

Post game show in HD and Highlights of Post game in HD. Very impressive much better than YESHD that does not do any post game show in HD nor any HD highlights. They lots of problem with the audio and at one point lost video. After losing the video and audio, they had little trouble with the Video in fast action video; you could see a little bit of artifact. The fast Mets logo also had artifact but I have seen the same on WB when they do their HD games over the air. Next game Wednesday Night. BTW, the Mets got lucky. Soriano was safe and the announcers kept implying that he does not know how to play the outfield but they were quite wrong as he did not look bad in the outfield and the balls that drop for base hits no outfield would have caught.

Get ready for a flood of speculation.

I was at the Town of Hempstead meeting today and ran into an old friend who is one of the other buildings. He told me that when a digital box is hooked up to the system in his building, the guide shows the VOOM channels in the 1000s.

The only explanation we could come up with was that the tier mask is different for that account, possibly a test since it is a company account.

I have not confirmed this, I repeat I have NOT confirmed this, but I'll let you know as soon I can.

MergaTroy6 said:
Get ready for a flood of speculation.

I was at the Town of Hempstead meeting today and ran into an old friend who is one of the other buildings. He told me that when a digital box is hooked up to the system in his building, the guide shows the VOOM channels in the 1000s.

The only explanation we could come up with was that the tier mask is different for that account, possibly a test since it is a company account.

I have not confirmed this, I repeat I have NOT confirmed this, but I'll let you know as soon I can.

If they are testing it would make sense to put them aboce 1000 as they don't have a contiguous 15 channel block in the 700s unless there going to re-arrange some channels.

Sean Mota said:
This will be excellent to get the VOOM channels....
only draw back i see is if cv gives us the voom channels first they will surpas dish as having the most hd. How can that be bad? Well cv would most likely sit on that as they did before when they offered the most. In a perfect world i'd like to see espn2hd,hdnets,tnthd & discoveryhd before voom but bein the hd addictr i am i'll take em any way :hungry:

liquidnw said:
only draw back i see is if cv gives us the voom channels first they will surpas dish as having the most hd. How can that be bad? Well cv would most likely sit on that as they did before when they offered the most. In a perfect world i'd like to see espn2hd,hdnets,tnthd & discoveryhd before voom but bein the hd addictr i am i'll take em any way :hungry:
They can only sit on it until Directv puts up its next satellite in early 2007, when that goes up they have said that they will more than double their HD offerings! They will have the capacity to offer more than 50 National HD channels (thats if there is 50 available!) :)

DirecTV has actually said they will offer 150 national channels, not 50 channels. Of course, if this amount of channels actually exist.

Sny Hd

Info for the Mets games on SNY HD now appears in the IPG for channel 730! By the way the picture quality really is great for the Mets games. Bets Sports in HD I've seen.

Hmm, this is good but...

I mean, come on, it's great to get InHD2 FINALLY but it'll be pre-empted during prime time for a big chunk of the year if they also broadcast road games. If not, it'll still be pre-empted much too often. InHD2 deserves its own spot as well as SNY. I wish CV would stop being so cheap about the whole thing and just make it happen.

Also, we're still waiting on other HD channels. Give us DiscoveryHD Theater FINALLY and National Geo HD. There are others many people have been asking for as well.

I mean, yes, it's good news to get something, however, it's sort of an insulting way they're offering it. Just GIVE us InHD2 and SNY, don't SHARE the channel...

GadgetRick said:
Hmm, this is good but...

I mean, come on, it's great to get InHD2 FINALLY but it'll be pre-empted during prime time for a big chunk of the year if they also broadcast road games. If not, it'll still be pre-empted much too often. InHD2 deserves its own spot as well as SNY. I wish CV would stop being so cheap about the whole thing and just make it happen.

Also, we're still waiting on other HD channels. Give us DiscoveryHD Theater FINALLY and National Geo HD. There are others many people have been asking for as well.

I mean, yes, it's good news to get something, however, it's sort of an insulting way they're offering it. Just GIVE us InHD2 and SNY, don't SHARE the channel...

While i agree I would prefer to have both given there own channel, its not a bid deal with INHD2 since the repeat so often. So anything you miss will be rerun if not that night another night in that week. I also don't totally blame cv on sharing the channel because Directv and dish also arne't giving SNY a 24x7 channel. I don't even know if comcast & tw are also broadcasting the HD feed 24x7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)