Calling back to Voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

big kahuna23

Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Has anyone gotten a wireless phone jack to work? Is there or will there be a way to call back to Voom through ethernet? Thanks for the remote codes guys, they work great. Does anyone have all the HD bitmaps for tsu3000?

I have 2 boxes that are hooked up to wireless phone jacks. 1 works, 1 doesn't. Although I haven't checked it since the software update. Let me try it. Will be back.

Seth

The second box still won't report back. Sean, do you think I need to get this box swapped out? It has never run a successful report back even though I can hear it dial out and it is talking to the 800 number. The other box I have will report back and is using the same model wireless phone jack.

Thanks,

Seth

Why woul you like the box to call back? Wasn't the telephone taken out? There is a reason why it was taken out.

To answer your question Ken, both boxes have the update. One has never reported back with or without the update.

Sean, I'm not quite sure I understand. Won't we need the phone line? I happen to live in a house that was built in the early 1900's and only has 2 phone jacks in very unusable places. Wireless phone jacks are the only way for me without running lines everywhere. What do you mean by the telephone being taken out? On another note, how do you like your LCD projo in comparison to the DLP? I think I wish I had gone DLP. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Seth

bestbuyguy said:
To answer your question Ken, both boxes have the update. One has never reported back with or without the update.

Sean, I'm not quite sure I understand. Won't we need the phone line? I happen to live in a house that was built in the early 1900's and only has 2 phone jacks in very unusable places. Wireless phone jacks are the only way for me without running lines everywhere. What do you mean by the telephone being taken out? On another note, how do you like your LCD projo in comparison to the DLP? I think I wish I had gone DLP. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Seth

If you go to the screen, the telephone# (I meant) is not in the report back screen. Do you Sony GWII or GWIII? I like both but LCD Sony Rules my life... Yes, later on it will be necessary but right now it is not necessary for the receiver to report back. If it is calling, maybe somehow the number is still there.

I have the Hitachi 50v500. From what I read it got great reviews. I think it is pretty nice but does have some flaws. It seems like I can see the make up of the lcd screens in certain color schemes. For example, on Worldsport, the grass accentuates the make up of the screen. You can actually see vertical bars that make up the picture. They are very faint and nobody that has watched the tv has noticed, but I notice and I guess that is what counts. Weird that they are only noticeable in certain lighting however. Also, light transitioning is a bit choppy. Sometimes, it flickers like it is caught in between different lighting shades. Have you noticed any of this? If not, I am bummed. Otherwise it is a great picture.

Thanks,

Seth