can 2 genies be on one account?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If your family is watching all recorded stuff, then the conflicts could be minimized just by recording when all those cable type channels rerun the same show. I do that all the time. The only times that conflicts occur to the point of not being able to record are with broadcast channels. Never saw it with cable type or premium channels.
most of the shows recorded are broadcast shows. it's not too often we have conflicts, but it does happen. i have a SWM 16 with only 9 being used, just wish i could swap out the HR21 for a 44, for speed and tuners. was just trying to point out that not everyone who wants more than 1 34 or 44 is a "sneaky" commercial customer.

If you are recording sports, it's easy to chew up tuners. On a typical Saturday morning, I use six tuners just for EPL football (soccer), apart from anything the wife and kids might be recording.

our family has 9 total tuners and we still have some recording conflicts during prime time. not everything is as "sneaky" as you presume.

I second that. I've got 11 Tuners for four of us. Genie in the Media Room, then an HR24 in the master bedroom, another HR24 in the basement and a third HR24 in the den.

Another reason there should be 2 genies per account is when you record on a HD DVR and watch on HD receiver, Genie won't be able to playback because regular HD DVR's is only 1 stream at a time, of course I could record Genie and problem resolved, but whenever I decide a show is worth recording with enough buffer, is always on the HD DVR.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This nice thing about Directv is that you can have 15 recording tuners +1 viewing only tuner with a SWIM 16, thats a combination of one Genie, five HR2x's and one H25, with all of them seeing each other. From what I've heard you can't do that with Dish.

This nice thing about Directv is that you can have 15 recording tuners +1 viewing only tuner with a SWIM 16, thats a combination of one Genie, five HR2x's and one H25, with all of them seeing each other. From what I've heard you can't do that with Dish.

true, but with that set up you have to pay for 6 extra receivers. i'd rather have 3 genies, and just pay 2 extra receiver fees a month.

our family has 9 total tuners and we still have some recording conflicts during prime time. not everything is as "sneaky" as you presume.

And not everyone is sneaky either.
In 12 years in the business, I've seen all kinds of 'stuff'...
Back on point, I am guessing your family watches everything recorded and little if anything live?
Or are you an 'archiver" of programming?
typically, if I record, i watch then delete. No sense watching it twice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)