Can change programming online now

danb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Don't know if this has been discussed, but it appears those with Cinemax penny deal can now change programming online. I went on last night and was able to make changes to programming. On a side note I tried to order NHL Center Ice last night through two online chats (prior to realizing I could change on site) and both times were unsuccessful. First time the guy told me the package was no longer available???Second guy told me he added it to my account, but it never showed up.

You should be able to do it through csr on line chat, as long as you meet the requirements, set up to auto pay your bill first.

I think he means people that already have the 1penny Cinemax deal can now alter their programming online. For me, it always said I couldn't do it and had to call or do a chat, but now I can change my programming after I log in.

Thanks, danb, for the heads up! I, too, can make these online changes. But, I see something peculiar...under "Basic Programming Packages" I have these options:

DishFAMILY $19.99
DishFAMILY w/ Classic Bronze 100 $54.98
DishFAMILY w/ Classic Bronze 100 Plus $59.98

I understand the "DishFAMILY 19.99". But, what exactly are the other 2 packages. I guess they're legitimate...I've never seen them advertised.

Eric

Last edited:
Thanks, danb, for the heads up! I, too, can make these online changes. But, I see something peculiar...under "Basic Programming Packages" I have these options:

DishFAMILY $19.99
DishFAMILY w/ Classic Bronze 100 $54.98
DishFAMILY w/ Classic Bronze 100 Plus $59.98

I understand the "DishFAMILY 19.99". But, what exactly are the other 2 packages. I guess they're legitimate...I've never seen them advertised.

Eric

Presumably, it combines the Dish family pack with Classic 100. There are many channels in Family not in 100.

Bio, Boomerang, CBS College Sports, Hallmark, Hallmark Movies, DIY, Fine Living, RFD-TV, Headline News, Nick Toons, Discovery kids, etc.

Odd, given it is over the price of 200, and nearly the price of 250. Probably enables the "Family" conscious viewer to get the family oriented AT250 channels without having to financially support the channels they consider "smut" (aside from what is AT100 itself)

In the process of making the change, they seem to have changed me from Paperless billing to Paper billing, so I changed back (so as to not lose the Penny Cinemax).

So, thanks to danb for the heads up, and check your paperless (and perhaps autopay) status online to see if it has accidentally changed.

PS I also recommend to download the PDF billing statement to your PC every month...

Anybody know how to get DDA on the web site? I tried twice on the phone, nope not yet.

Then I saw I could finally change stuff online and I can't find the DDA button.

0.98 / month that's $12.00 a year /commerial off

Anybody know how to get DDA on the web site? I tried twice on the phone, nope not yet.

Then I saw I could finally change stuff online and I can't find the DDA button.

0.98 / month that's $12.00 a year /commerial off

Indeed, I discovered the same thing. Thought I couldn't do it with Classic 100. But it let me. Plus, after yesterday upgrading to Classic 100 from Absolute, I was able to add the free Platinum HD for 3 months. So I get HD Net Movies back, for a little at least.

Yeah, I was happy about this as I wasn't able to make changes to my programming online. So I've gone to the site about 4 different times today to remove Platinum HD from my account...I get through everything, remove Platinum HD and then submit my order. Well surprise, surprise! Everytime I submit the order to remove it, it says the system can no longer access my account and automatically logs me out. I just wonder if I'd have the same "techincal difficulties" if I was actually adding programming. Somehow, I doubt it.

Yeah, I was happy about this as I wasn't able to make changes to my programming online. So I've gone to the site about 4 different times today to remove Platinum HD from my account...I get through everything, remove Platinum HD and then submit my order. Well surprise, surprise! Everytime I submit the order to remove it, it says the system can no longer access my account and automatically logs me out. I just wonder if I'd have the same "techincal difficulties" if I was actually adding programming. Somehow, I doubt it.

Well, what do ya know? I looked in my "Offers" tab in my account and took advantage of the HBO & Starz free for 3 months offer I had. Went through perfectly! Immediately afterwards, tried to remove Platinum HD, and it gave me an error message again and wouldn't remove it from my account. What a surprise.

Well, what do ya know? I looked in my "Offers" tab in my account and took advantage of the HBO & Starz free for 3 months offer I had. Went through perfectly! Immediately afterwards, tried to remove Platinum HD, and it gave me an error message again and wouldn't remove it from my account. What a surprise.

Same thing happened to me. I tried it again a day later and was able to remove Platinum HD without a problem. Perhaps it only allows one change per day.

Ihave the HBO/Starzoffer as well ... is there any commitment with this? I click to the agree button but I am not sure what I am agreeing to. Is this a no commitment for three months?

WooHoo!!! Same here. I wasn't going to go for this deal because I absolutely HATE having to call Dish. Used the buttons and voila! I now have HBO and Starz for three months.