Can DirectTV service address be Moved?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Would a move from Lake Charles La to New Orleans, La be possible?

Judging by the satmaps linked at the top of the page, you should have no problem getting the NO hd locals in Lake Charles.

Do you need some kind of an excuse if you move within a day or two?

I movedfour days after I started service. I just acted like a normal dumb customer. I asked to move my service address. When they asked why after just having the install somewhere else, I simply told them I had the install done at my permanent residence because I wanted to get the setup there. But right now I am living in another locale and that residence already has a setup. I made up some story about how I work up there 6-8 months out of the year. I also told them that I know the setup works because I had a roomate up there who had service previously. They just said no problem and told me if I did need another install or someone to tweak they setup give them another call.

You know it's BS, they know it's BS. The thing is, I really don't think they care. They just can't, because of the law, "move" people on their own if someone calls and wants out of market locals. But if you call up with an excuse already in hand, your set. Just remember if you do call in for a service call and you know they will need to roll a truck, to change your service address back to the real one. Otherwise, (at least in my case), they are going to send someone to a RV park in the middle of nowhere.....:D

The best thing to do is keep it simple when you talk with them, just tell them you need to change your service address. If you go into too many details it can raise eyebrows and they will transfer you to another department that will tell you you cant do certain things. Play dumb stupid and say I just moved I need to change my service address.

Exactly, but you will need to give them a reason why you just had it installed at one address and now your changing the service address without changing the mailing address. Just make sure you have something to say if they ask, and your not stuck speechless.

Changed today. Installed Monday. Told them need to change service address. I was put on hold for 2 min and they came back and said it was done. No questions asked.

Exactly, but you will need to give them a reason why you just had it installed at one address and now your changing the service address without changing the mailing address. Just make sure you have something to say if they ask, and your not stuck speechless.

Here's what happened with me I called up and went into details. They said okay then transfered me to another dept that said I can't do that, I said okay fine and hung up. I then called back (about 30 minutes later) and told them I need to change my service address only. They said okay took the address and I watched my box go dark. (said it was searching for program guide info.) Then when the picture popped back in about 2-3 min. My regular locals were gone and the new ones and RSN's were there. I did have to fix my billing address online even though I told the guy I wanted to keep billing at my original address. So I learned the less said the better. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)