This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Can I add receivers on line?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wonderfred

Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Ontario
I am going to be setting up an account with Direct in the next few days. I have several receivers with cards that I will be installing myself in the near future.
When I activate one receiver over the phone and pay my account, will I be able to add receivers on line on my account after that or do I have to phone in each time I add a new receiver in my house?

Thanks

You have to phone it in from what I've seen.

I'm n the same boat (want to add a new receiver) and when I go to my account the only thing I can "add" is to buy a reciever

Have to call. One reason is they are supposed to explain the lease agreement (extension) when you activate a receiver that is new to you (often a refurb, used, etc is still new to your account thus an extension).

Doesn't always happen but they should.

You'd think a web page that opens up with BIG RED LETTERS that says, "Hey, Dude, this is a leased box and you don't own it or any part of it, and you also are extending your service commitment for 24 months by activating it", and a checkbox to acknowledge would serve the purpose just fine.

But hey, I am no lawyer......

only phone system is do-able!

DTV used to enable online activation, but it's been changed to phone system only. 1800DIRECTV>enter home fone>activation>csr agent!

In all the receiver add-on's I've done, I've never had a CSR say sh*t about any contract extention.

Me either and i added to hd dvr boxes to my house last week.......not a peep about extending my contract....and i called twice.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.