can i get them to lower my deposit?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And Yes again. Deposits are based on credit score. They can require full lease fee's up front,with up to 2 months programming up front. If you have a low credit score your not getting anything for free. And if you owe a Grand,I can't believe they even talked to you. $400 right now might be what they want, but they will get the balance.

Last edited:
Wow

This is the funniest thread i've seen on this site in quite awhile, aside from the "MemoriesofMojo" poster, and the guy that can't spell a damn thing despite having a keyboard.

I'm just curious what he did to rack up a $1000 bill and the circumstances around it are now. The boards would love to hear this if you would be so kind to enlighten us on it.

Yea Don't they like shut you OFF, when your say around 60 days late? My Guess his service was shut off and he didn't return his Equipment at around $300 a shot.

i'm not paying the $1000 I already told them that numerous times. I'll pay the $400 in 3 weeks though.

Sounded to me you and DirecTV have an agreement then.

Obviously DirecTV is not pursuing the $1,000, else they would want $1,400 deposit. I for one always caution people not jump into conclusion at anything, we don't know what had transpired with this $1,000 dispute.

No offense DZ but why the hell are you complaining about a deposit when you stuck them for a 1000 already. I wouldnt even be talking to you id be sueing you to get my money. Man that takes a lot of nerve to complain when you havent paid your bill . You honestly think you can justify this and still sleep or complain about directv requiring a deposit.

i bought all of the sports packages, and had the premier package. I called to tell them I wanted reimbursed for the sports packages and they said they couldnt do it. I was like "I wasn't even home to watch them." They said so what, I said ok shut me off!! I'll pay the etf of $250 and return the hd dvr which i did but im not paying to sports packages i didnt watch.

They are most likely letting you sign back up as they will charge your credit card for the $1000 outstanding balance once you give it to them. Then they now have an extra $400 to hold just in case the same type of issue happens again. Of course this is just my opinion on the subject.

im not paying with credit card. I'd pay it with a western union type deal when/if I do pay it.

i bought all of the sports packages, and had the premier package. I called to tell them I wanted reimbursed for the sports packages and they said they couldnt do it. I was like "I wasn't even home to watch them." They said so what, I said ok shut me off!! I'll pay the etf of $250 and return the hd dvr which i did but im not paying to sports packages i didnt watch.

Did you call them to cancel the sports packages before they started? If so are you saying once you ordered the sports packages you could no longer cancel them?

Did you call them to cancel the sports packages before they started? If so are you saying once you ordered the sports packages you could no longer cancel them?
I've Cancelled Sports pack before. Its took 12 phone calls to get rid of it. Some people just don't understand "No I don't want my NFL pack next year"

I wanted it off my bill was the problem. They told me they couldnt remove it from my bill and credit me for it when I didn't watch it. To me that was poor customer service.

it has long been the policy of both directv and indemand that sports subscriptions are not refundable once the season starts. it is clearly stated on the websites.

So...

So you ordered programming, weren't home to watch it, and you wanted them to reimburse you the charges??

Are you f'ing kidding me??

So, for all the days I don't watch HBO each month, can I call DirecTV for a pro-rated refund??

C'mon now...

This is the funniest thread i've seen on this site in quite awhile, aside from the "MemoriesofMojo" poster, and the guy that can't spell a damn thing despite having a keyboard.

This is getting "couriouser and couriouser"! :D (Sorry Pooh!)

I think I'll go to a restaurant tonight and order a dinner and then not eat a side and DEMAND they deduct that side (at ala carte price, natcherly!) from my bill. :) Think they will do that?

Somehow, I think when you sign up for a package, D* does NOT know if you are really going to watch it or not, or really care if you do. They did NOT force you to sign up for the package, you are entitled to some "free will" in this country (last time I checked) and signed up because you wanted the channels available, if you decided you wanted to watch it. I have Showtime & HBO and I may or may not watch the shows on them, but I am paying for the ability to watch the shows on those channels, if someone in the house wants to watch them, if you gets my drift.

So you ordered programming, weren't home to watch it, and you wanted them to reimburse you the charges??

Are you f'ing kidding me??

So, for all the days I don't watch HBO each month, can I call DirecTV for a pro-rated refund??

C'mon now...
I think what he means is He just wants to be rembursed for the rest of the season that remains,Which I think is fair if its only been short time,IMO you'd know in the first few days or weeks if you were unhappy with it.If he's watched the package for half the year then I'd say tough sh*t. When you Add HBO and drop it ,D* only charges you for the time you've had it ,As long as its not less then 30 since you've added HBO. If He's making monthly payments on a sports pack, I don't see any reason they can't do the same.

I've Cancelled Sports pack before. Its took 12 phone calls to get rid of it. Some people just don't understand "No I don't want my NFL pack next year"

It is "interesting" (read that as: BullChit) that you can add packages easily and even change base packages on-line easily, but there is NO WAY (at least that I have seen) to drop packages (such as Sunday Ticket) on-line.

I have been lucky (I guess) with D* over the past 10+ years in getting my programming packages changed, but have read of some who have had problems getting packages canceled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)