Can I make my 6ft offset 'bigger'?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
from some of his other posts he is a Dish sub...and from the posts I'd hazard a guess he's in Puerto Rico/Carribean, Canada or Mexico/Central America where a larger dish is required

Correct is right...I spend several months of the year in the islands.

few thoughts:

If you'd revealed the true nature of the problem, you might have gotten better ideas and fewer jokes.

- if you can handle Legacy LNBs in your switch matrix, try an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF.
- if you can only use DishPro, then call up Claude at DishStore.net (top of every page) and ask if he still has the "better" LNBFs they used in Oregon/Washington for 129°, prior to the new Dish satellite.
- a C-band conical scalar won't do anything, because the rings are tuned for C-band, not Ku

- replace all cables with compression connectors, and remove any splices or extenders
- use high quality RG6
- can you reduce cable lengths?
- when do you have problems and how much? Just during rainstorms?
- how many switches do you have? can you remove any?

I don't know... that's just what comes to mind in one sitting.
I'm sure others will pick up the gauntlet. - :up

If you'd revealed the true nature of the problem, you might have gotten better ideas and fewer jokes.

- if you can handle Legacy LNBs in your switch matrix, try an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF.
- if you can only use DishPro, then call up Claude at DishStore.net (top of every page) and ask if he still has the "better" LNBFs they used in Oregon/Washington for 129°, prior to the new Dish satellite.
- a C-band conical scalar won't do anything, because the rings are tuned for C-band, not Ku

- replace all cables with compression connectors, and remove any splices or extenders
- use high quality RG6
- can you reduce cable lengths?
- when do you have problems and how much? Just during rainstorms?
- how many switches do you have? can you remove any?

I don't know... that's just what comes to mind in one sitting.
I'm sure others will pick up the gauntlet. - :up

My setup down there is a HD receiver and standard DIsh LNB, no switches, straight run of RG6 with compression fittings.

if you can handle Legacy LNBs in your switch matrix, try an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF.

:up:up
if i was you, i would try this
with a 0.3 db noise figure, this lnbf will definitely work better than a standard dishnet lnbf
it will get a better signal, and it's a lot easier than modifying a dish!!:)

with a 0.3 db noise figure, this lnbf will definitely work better than a standard dishnet lnbf

I'll give it shot - thanks!

The QPF-031 with adjustable scaler would most likely provide better performance than the QPH-031 on your larger dish.

C120 mount Scalar for KU Offset Dish

The offset dish Scalar with C120 mount should work the best on your dish. I have used a hot performing Ku LNBF and cut off the the conical feedhorn and epoxied the LNB to the back of the Andrew Conical Feedhorn. Worked very good for me.

Don't expect the prime focus Scalar from Invacom to work as well, but it may work better then what you now have.

cmfeed.jpg

Tried this, signal was worse than the stock LNBf :(

The offset dish Scalar with C120 mount should work the best on your dish. I have used a hot performing Ku LNBF and cut off the the conical feedhorn and epoxied the LNB to the back of the Andrew Conical Feedhorn. Worked very good for me.

Don't expect the prime focus Scalar from Invacom to work as well, but it may work better then what you now have.

cmfeed.jpg

What's the logic here? Does the feedhorn collect more signal from the dish and pass that down to the LNB than a standard LNBf?

Thanks!

something's not right, here:

Generally, the original feedhorn should work better
because it is designed to illuminate that model dish optimally.
I agree completely - :up
So, this reply about the QPH-031 makes absolutely no sense at all:
Tried this, signal was worse than the stock LNBf :(
Can we get a picture of the original feed & LNBf, and also with your QPH-031 mounted instead?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)