Can I power a standard ku lnb with azbox

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
out of curiousity...

I have heard a dvb box would blow them.

this is on a bud.

I cannot see any way such a receiver will blow out an LNB on a regular Chaparral feedhorn (if that is what you're talking about).
But, the AZbox won't control the polarity servo on the feedhorn, so that's a big negative.

Stand-alone LNBs are often rated 18-24 volts (check your specs), and some don't operate as well on 12-13 volts.
To that end, there are "Amazon.com: Dual LNB Power Inserter: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31VKV0CFBXL.@@AMEPARAM@@31VKV0CFBXL" used to set the correct voltage at the end of a long cable, or in other applications.
(the product linked above is in no way recommended without further discussion!)

In a related use, when you have dual LNBs for each band, as on an orthomode feedhorn, connecting that to a traditional DVB receiver which wants to select polarity with 13/18 volts, you would use a multiswitch.
Pendragon described a mod to a common multiswitch, which supplies 18 volts to both C-band LNBs.

i have had standard lnb's run just fine even on 13v after a 150' run of RG-6.
I know the cheapo bsc-211's don't care what volts they get. I have heard that the norsats can be erratic on the lower voltage.

I ran a standard directv multiswitch for about 3 years on my big dish with an ortho feedhorn which gave my horizontal c and ku lnbs 18v and it gave the other two only 13v. i had no issues.

Signal is good from 55.5W to 137 W with the loop through. Just have to remember to switch Az back to a c band sat before going back to 4dtv channels.

So, I guess problems must be in the power pass switches, they are the only thing taken out of the mix. Diseqc seems to be working ok with c and ku sats.

Would there be any reason to go with a 0/22 kHz switch instead of the diseqc, they are sort of pricey.

you can go with a 22k switch. The only time you cant is with a Universal LNB (the UNiversal has a 22k switch built in)
They arent that much more...I bought some ecoda switches off ebay for under 10 bucks shipped. They work great :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)