Can I use Worldirect Dish + Switch for 97W?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thats why I come to the experts here

hehe thanks for the replies...unfortunately, this horse is blind I guess. As for taking the plastic case off of my dual LNB, that doesn't make sense to me, as it will be exposed to the elements.:confused: Fortunately, i did some digging from my Dishnetwork/Viewsat days :D, and I found a mast that will fit.
Configuring the signal with these 33" round dishes is easy, and I know how to do that, so Ill get cracking this afternoon, and report back my success (or failures)

As for the DirecTV connection, I can just run a single line to a small 18" dish that I have, and connect that to the room that the DirecTV receiver will be in.

Thanks again for the replies....will be reporting back soon.

The plastic case on a LNBF is only cosmetic. The actual LNBF inside the case is a waterproof casting with silicone sealant on covers and adjustment ports. Removing a plastic case will not affect the integrity of the LNBF.

Do not remove the cap as moisture in the throat may damage the electronics.

Mission Accomplished--sort of

okay-- I did it! I got the dish up and I actually found the signal in less than 15 min., which was a record for me for 97W. Hooked up my Viewsat Max HD in one room + Viewsat Lite in the other room. Works great!! My dad was pretty adamant about drilling holes, so I found an old dish mount I had from my 'Charlie' days and used that, securing it with some cement blocks. Need to clean up the wiring mess, though.
jO0GHh8l.jpg

I have a question though....I'm using a Zinwell switch that has a power supply. It was used for my WorldDirect dish, to power up the two LNB's. Is it possible to just unplug the power supply and use the switch alone with a power supply or do I need it? I also want to get an OTA antenna to pick up local HD channels. I see Zinwell makes a switch for it, and it lacks a power supply....so Im guessing since Im using ONE dual output LNB, I can do this--I would simply plug in cable into the 13V and the other in the 18V + my OTA antenna in the port designated for it.........then at the receiver end, I would have to use a diplexer with one cable going to the back of the TV, and the other into the Viewsat?
WkiJomWl.jpg

- your existing switch might work without power. Might not work well.
- the 3X4 switch you posted should work
- but it will probably cut down on your OTA signal strength
- or, if you only want two receivers, plug one directly into each LNBF output!
- recommend running OTA on its own coax

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jynxbox ultra HD v2 turning off and on itself

Help With NBC Mux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)