Can someone help?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
If you own a Directv receiver and do not currently subscribe to them...can you reactivate just for local channels only or do they make you sign up for a choice package, can you not just have the locals or just a sports package and then pay an access fee like E* does?

I tried getting just locals a few years back with a Tivo. They will force you to subscribe to Total choice, and making you pay upwards of $50/mol.

I ended up subscribing to Total Choice for 2 months until I told them to go stick it :)

On top of that, they made me get a used receiver off ebay so I could sign up without a contract :(

And I thought DISH Networks policys where bad!

Directv is not DISH Notwerk they have different rules and thankfully different receivers. You do not have to subscribe to total choice but their minimum package is Selecion Extra at $29.99 which does include locals. If all you want is locals you can get a DISH receiver cheap and for about $15/MO.get the locals from them. Or if you can go to www.antennaweb.org and find what you need for a TV antenna to receive the free broadcasting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts