OTHER Can two Stab-USALS HH90 motors be controlled with one receiver using a DiSEqC switch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dsmith0429

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Lake Placid, FL
I was wondering if I can control more than one motor using a DiSEqC 1.1 switch (Digiwave 8 in 1, DGS-SW8x1). What I want to do is control a 3ft dish with a Universal Ku band LNBF, and a 4ft dish with a C band LNBF (C band small dish project), because I already have all this hardware, and didn't want to purchase a C/Ku LNBF if I didn't have to. I removed my Ku lnbf and tried the C band with my 3ft dish and motor and it worked (with a little tweaking, it would over shoot the satellites at 1st if I used the same settings I had with the Ku lnbf). I have another motor that I can use on the 4ft dish, but I didn't know if I could use 2 motors on the same receiver, and didn't want to risk damaging the receiver. I have the x2 Premium HD Special Edition receiver. Any ideas?

Yes it works. I have done that. Ran two motors behind a 8X1 switch. I actually had 1 c-band and 2 Ku motors at one time behind that switch and one receiver.

Assuming your STB supports all the protocols and switch settings correctly (and you set up correctly) you can do 8 small dish motors on an 8x1. If you want to get complicated you can even do stacked switch/motor control for 16, 32 or even 64 motors. I'm thinking if you are going that nuts you probably wouldn't need a motor and have a 16, 32 or 64 numbered dish farm.

If simultaneously running two motors a switch and two LNBFs, you should consider an additional source of power. The combined current draw of the equipment and the larger dish weight would likely exceed the X2 rating. If the current draw didn't immediately shut down the current protection circuit, the continues stress would probably eventually damage the receiver.

To reduce the demand for power, I would run one motor using USALS and the other motor using DiSEqC 1.2. This way only one motor will run at a time for the selected satellite.

To reduce the demand for power, I would run one motor using USALS and the other motor using DiSEqC 1.2. This way only one motor will run at a time for the selected satellite.
I'm trying to figure out how it is possible to power two motors at the same time behind an 8X1 switch. Only one port is active at a time right?

Can two Stab-USALS HH90 motors be controlled with one receiver using a DiSEqC...

No correct answer as it depends on the switch design. Some switches pass power and signaling at all times and the switch function establishes the return path.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

No correct answer as it depends on the switch design. Some switches pass power and signaling at all times and the switch function establishes the return path.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite
I figured that's what it had to be. But still not a great design for the common FTA receiver. With 8 LNBs and no motors one of those would still overtax the power output on an STB. I've not run into that kind of DiSEqC switch before. I'll have to keep that in mind though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)