Can you just sub during football season for sunday ticket.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chewey

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
I have dish and am thinking of getting directv during football for sunday ticket. I can get used receivers and dish and do install myself. If I do that can I just sub during football season for sunday ticket? Plus, what would the minimum prgarmming requirements be if I did so?

I've tried to sub to just the HD pack or NFLST. They won't sell ANYTHING without a base Total Choice package which I don't want. I've fought with CSRs and supervisors for a while. Apparently, they'd rather take NO money from me rather than SOME money. So my account remains on vacation service. It's time to sell the Sony HD200 on ebay. To hell with them. All I really care about are my Buccaneers and my Patriots.

What if you sub to total choice and sunday ticket during FB season, then can you just put your account on hold until next season?

chewey said:
What if you sub to total choice and sunday ticket during FB season, then can you just put your account on hold until next season?

You can do this but for that cost your better off finding a sports bar. You can watch all the games at once and have food for no worse than the same cost per week as doing this. I'm going to a sports bar from now on.

K4LK said:
All I really care about are my Buccaneers and my Patriots.

I'm from Tampa and just moved to New Hampshire so I'm now both a Buccaneers and Patriots fan but if we had a superbowl between the Bucs and Pats I'm rooting for the Bucs. I'm a Bucs fan for life and nothing will change that even beatings from Pats fans in those New England sports bars.

K4LK said:
I've tried to sub to just the HD pack or NFLST. They won't sell ANYTHING without a base Total Choice package which I don't want. I've fought with CSRs and supervisors for a while. Apparently, they'd rather take NO money from me rather than SOME money. So my account remains on vacation service. It's time to sell the Sony HD200 on ebay. To hell with them. All I really care about are my Buccaneers and my Patriots.

tampa bay and the patsies????:eek: :eek:

boy are you going to have a lot of sad sundays this fall!!!!!!!!

Look just cancel the DISH subscription and get a Directv system, but wait till at least July when the usual promotion starts.

Putting it on e-bay might be a waste of time unless someone wants it for an OTA tuner, don't know if Directv will re-activate it now with the lease program going on.

No matter how many times I think I am going to leave D* for something else, the NFLST keeps me captive.

And maybe one day, my beloved Lions (last championship in 1957 and ONE playoff win since) will win the Super Bowl.

One can dream.

dragon002 said:
tampa bay and the patsies????:eek: :eek:

boy are you going to have a lot of sad sundays this fall!!!!!!!!

One lucky season and you got to put up with this crap from the stiller fans, good god why did I root for team cheap over the colts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.