CANAM Satellites

Kinda sucks you cant just do that for Directv. They require a SSN. I was with canam until they got raided in the summer. Was the best HD experience ever. Im now with star choice and the prices aren't bad however cant compare to the HD line up of Directv. i live in canada btw..:D

Okay but dont they ever send you anything?? even if you do autobilling? you just use the fake address and hope they never notice it isn't real??

Starchoice uses Digicipher II instead of DVB (DVB Is what Dish/Bell uses) so there are no cards

Any correspondence is done via my e-mail and the mail option on the receiver...

and I think as long as Starchoice gets my money each month they dont care

Do you use a Canadian email address, like yahoo.ca or something like that?

nope. a dot com address. But when they send something (its pretty rare) its usually about a new channel they launched or something.

Starchoice knows they have a bunch of snowbirds who migrate to the US so they dont care what e-mail address folks use....some of us just dont migrate back to Canada very often ;)

I've been dealt by Canam, too. "Mark" is the boss. their broward number is a cell phone from verizon listed to "Dave", no last name. Their address is a mailboxes usa. they were physically in hollywood florida at one time. they cycle "girls'" names like nobody's business. As soon as "esther" screwed up w/me, she was gone & someone else came in. I believe "Sandy" & "Esther" are one and the same person. I bought 2 units over2 yrs ago & still dont have programming. the last time i spoke w/them, they had just been raided by expressvu & dish. I've done a complete business background investigation on them. They were registered with the FL Secretary of State in the 80's, but are no longer authorized to do business in the State of Florida.

Those of you who are Canadians who have had your DirecTV programming shut down, did you have any issues with your credit card company at all with regards to additional programming payments, or once the service was done the payment requests just ceased? My DirecTV account will soon be shut down, unfortunately, so I am just trying to see what I will be faced with once it has been done. Christ, I would gladly reverse my BellTV account with someone with DirecTV instead of losing it!!!

We are having problems getting our satellite hooked up ( Expressvu ) for use in Florida . We travel in a Motor Home and would like to have service but Bell says it's illegal so they won't hook it up . What does one do for service in the US ?? j

We are having problems getting our satellite hooked up ( Expressvu ) for use in Florida . We travel in a Motor Home and would like to have service but Bell says it's illegal so they won't hook it up . What does one do for service in the US ?? j

In Florida? Use Star Choice. :)

Gosh, would you one post PIs for BEV please stop! Its really obvious. Why not investigate something more important? Sheesh!

Gosh, would you one post PIs for BEV please stop! Its really obvious. Why not investigate something more important? Sheesh!

LOL - a BEV "PI"? Give me a break. What, a person with 145 posts is more credible? I couldn't care less what you think. All I am saying is that I would rather continue to have my DirecTV account than my BellTV account. It's just like a lot of southerners in this forum who prefer *C or BEV rather than their more immediate and available options.

Some interesting developments in my Canam fiasco yesterday. I wanted to sell my receiver on eBay, so bit the bullet and called Bell to clear/cancel my account set up through Canam. I gave the Bell rep the receiver number, and she was able to locate the account. She even gave me the name Canam used--my last name with a fictional first name, if that helps anyone. She also asked for the expiry date on the credit card as proof I was the person authorized to make changes to the account.

Turns out, my credit card company managed to get Bell to cancel the account after four months of refusing to pay Autopay charges, so there was no balance on the account, and everything was deactivated. Unfortunately, the receiver turns out to be untransferrable because it has been put on a "kill" list due to the unlawful activation, as is every receiver on the list of receivers activated by Canam.

So, no dice on selling the receiver. At least I was able to verify that my Canam Bell account is properly shut down. Even if it means I have to eat that 5900 receiver.

I Just had my shut off today.No Leafs tv NO CFL or CBC. This is wrong. Why would Direct tv care about this their can't be that many subscribers in the usa that subscribe to Bell?Somebody get me a broker I don't want to have to go to Dish.I was going to go to Direct tv but I didn't know they where involved in this in till I found this thread.

Actually, Directv didn't care about Canadians getting their service but Bell did. So they "urged" Directv to pursue brokers Bell had discovered. Problem was, most brokers work both sides so Bell had to cut off the US subs they discovered to save face.

You see, Bell cannot stand having Canadians watch a quality DBS provider like Directv or Dish Network. They know if Canadians have access, they will sub to the US provider. Bell would rather pursue legal channels than improve their content and they are protected by the draconian CRTC so they can do whatever the hell they want.

So it's over nothing.I found some places online to watch cbc newsworld and download shows like the boarder.I just wish I could watch Hockey night in Canada online if anybody knows how to do that Please IM me.

So it's over nothing.I found some places online to watch cbc newsworld and download shows like the boarder.I just wish I could watch Hockey night in Canada online if anybody knows how to do that Please IM me.
The US version of NHL Network shows HNiC

So my box is pretty much trashed even if I find another broker I couldn't use this same box?So I should call Bell and tell them to cancel my account.Credit card said I can file a complaint next month.

You get start a new account with a new or used box. New usually requires a commitment. Used is nice in that no commitment is required. You just need a good source for used receivers that can be activated. PM me.

It would also be worthwhile to note that if you get a new box, you will probably need to use a different credit card otherwise alarm bells may go off again for Bell. They will have record of your credit card and if they check they would see that the account had been deactivated for being in the US.

You also might consider putting the account in your spouses name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)