Canceled My Service Today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sounds like a good deal for you.Especially if it's the same price after 6 months or 1 year.Don't know what you do with 3 HD DVRs but what the heck some subscribers needs do relate to cable.Good Luck!.:hatsoff:
1 dvr in the bedroom, 1 in the family room and 1 in the finished basement, i.e. "man Land".
Bro, I have 2 daughters, 1 and 3. I love the heck out of them, bless their hearts, but I don't need Wow Wow Wusby and Go Deigo Go all over my dvr's hard drive!!:eek: The bed room dvr is reserved for my wife's sick addiction to reality shows. Its the only way to keep from going crazy!:D

I've had dbs for 10 + years, trust me, you must not have a decent cable company where you live.

You pay under $130 a month for 3 DVR's HD all movies and RR which means you have Time Waner. I don't see how? The base package is $80 then $38 for movies $9 for HD & $15 for HD-DVR box.

And you say you have 3 DVR's and they charge for each one.
I will post my bill if that is allowed and you need proof. No problem. Yeah, it is a special for a year, but even with a modest rate hike it still saves me $. Who knows? Maybe Direct will come thru, stop the hd lite and have a reliable dvr by the time it ends. Bottom line is I don't think there is a soul on this forum that wouldn't hesitate to switch if another company blows another away and it is available in your area. That is what competition is all about, and ultimately what choice is all about. Well, you can't switch if you are in a 2 year commitment........

To the person that opened this conversation -

How is FIOS? Are you happy with it?

Did I miss something here, seemed like an innocent enough question and it wasn't directed to the tro....I mean Questioner.

To the person that opened this conversation -

How is FIOS? Are you happy with it?

I Like it. It's not perfect neither is D*. The PQ is good with the triple play its a little cheaper than D* I get faster internet, so right now I am happy. I like Tivo better than the FIOS DVR. I like the fact that the QIP6416 up converts the SD signal to 480P, but it is only TV. I'm surprised at what this thread turn into.

I Like it. It's not perfect neither is D*. The PQ is good with the triple play its a little cheaper than D* I get faster internet, so right now I am happy. I like Tivo better than the FIOS DVR. I like the fact that the QIP6416 up converts the SD signal to 480P, but it is only TV. I'm surprised at what this thread turn into.

I tried to get fios, but its not yet available where I live (Charlestown, RI). As soon as it is there though, I intend to look into it for sure.

I tried to get fios, but its not yet available where I live (Charlestown, RI). As soon as it is there though, I intend to look into it for sure.

The difference between FIOS and DirecTV can be a close call for many. FIOS has more HD and is less expensive, with a superb picture and sound. But, FIOS has bugs also, just fewer customers to savage them on the internet. Many in our neighborhood were so mad at them for trashing our yards, cutting off our power, water and telephone service, and generally making a huge mess, while putting the fiber optic cable in, that they vowed never to get FIOS. The price of 'progress.'

The best thing for all of us that FIOS is one more competitor in the marketplace to make every provider try harder. Choice is usually not a bad thing.

If you are sports package subscriber, or if you want sophistication and capability in your receiver boxes and DVRs, you'll probably stick with D*.

I always pictured him more like Grumpy.

Attachments

• grumpsas.gif
    grumpsas.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 150
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)