Cancellation charge's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
WNY
I had Direct TV and was out of contract and just canceled it. They said said they would pro-rate the bill for the month and credit my credit card for the amount they owe me. I see that they are now charging my account for the first receiver which is usually free and HD for which I had free HD for life when I signed up. Does anyone know if this is their policy when someone cancel's their account to charge these extra's. I know it's not much but it doesn't seem right. I couldn't resist going with Time Warner because I was paying $89 a month with Direct and with cable I will be paying $96 including tax for more channels,1 HD DVR and 1 HD receiver plus internet and phone with no contract for 24 months.

They show a charge for the first receiver/dvr, but then they issue a credit. Do you show that? When did you sign up? Was free hd for life part of the deal? Check your previous bills for that information. If it was, then give them a call and try to straighten it out. If you have no luck, then use this email to the office of the president. They are very good about fixing problems like yours. ellen.filipiak@directv.com

They told me that since I canceled that they also canceled all of my "credit's". That's why they charged me for my first receiver,which has always been free and also for HD even though I had free HD for life. I was just wondering if this was their standard policy when a customer cancelled. I guess I will call them again to see why they did it this way.

That doesn't sound right. I would utilize the email address I posted for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.