Cancelled Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smackman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
north louisiana
I finally canceled because there is some "feud" with Direct TV, Channel 8 and Channel 11 out of Monroe DMA.
DTV started providing our local BUT CBS(Channel 8) and ABC(Channel 11) are not in the local lineup. This was a "deal killer" for me.

Any info. on this dispute being resolved? I cannot remember the company that owns these 2 channels but I wish they would resolve this issue. I think it is Hoke communication and they say Direct refuses to put Channel 8.2(The CW) in the lineup......

Don't know the specifics of your deal in Louisiana but I can tell you your situation is not uncommon.
The common solution is to put up an OTA antenna. You get your locals for free. The antenna is compatible with the Directv dish and can be made to work through your DTV receiver.

Just sayin',

Joe

Don't know the specifics of your deal in Louisiana but I can tell you your situation is not uncommon.
The common solution is to put up an OTA antenna. You get your locals for free. The antenna is compatible with the Directv dish and can be made to work through your DTV receiver.

Just sayin',

Joe

I hear ya, BUT Dish offers ALL the local networks in HD. DTV has always lacked with the locals in my area which cost them many customers.

By the way, I have a OTA and pick up all the channels BUT I am "picky" and want DTV to offer ALL the locals not just a part.

This feature works great with my 722 for recording.My DMA is a small area which puts us low on the pole of DTV giving a crap.

I hear ya, BUT Dish offers ALL the local networks in HD. DTV has always lacked with the locals in my area which cost them many customers.

By the way, I have a OTA and pick up all the channels BUT I am "picky" and want DTV to offer ALL the locals not just a part.

This feature works great with my 722 for recording.My DMA is a small area which puts us low on the pole of DTV giving a crap.

But if you get all the locals in HD via antenna, who cares? They will integrate them into your guide just like a normal channel, and you can record them just the same.

He's "picky"....that's why. :confused:

this is just another Fanboy posting in the Directv section, because of the recent programing changes to Dish, he feels the need to point out something that dish is doing right.

It's a troll.

You are paying for TV. Your problem with DirecTV is that they don't exactly duplicate what you already receive for free. Indeed. If you were going to switch then that is not a very good reason to stop. Surely you knew this beforehand. Since you know how it has cost DirecTV many customers in your area, you obviously did know the deal before you signed up. In that case, I'll have to agree with Dave there.

If you were seriously considering DirecTV, I can tell you that as a former Dish customer that I am infinitely happier with their service than I was with the poor bitrates and reduced resolutions on Dish. Just put up an antenna and "move" to an adjacent market. Then you'll get even more "local" channels and you'll have much better picture quality and far fewer channel disputes that could randomly rob you of programming that you want to see than with Dish Network. Staying wit Dish at this point is reminding me of a movie made for Lifetime. No matter how many broken bones or black eyes they give you, it is never their fault and you should stay with them because no one else could be better. Charlie would make an excellent used car salesman.

Sorry to say this, but from DirecTV's point of view, I'm not sure how concerned they are about customer loss in Monroe, LA. In the grand scheme of things it's a raindrop in the bucket to them... For your persective though, I under your frustration.

Sorry to say this, but from DirecTV's point of view, I'm not sure how concerned they are about customer loss in Monroe, LA. In the grand scheme of things it's a raindrop in the bucket to them... For your persective though, I under your frustration.

I would say that DirecTV should care about all customers and I am sure they do. The original poster is not a troll and this has been discussed before.

I have both services and if you are going to put up an OTA antenna, why not have a 722K and be able to record 4 programs?

FWIW, Direct isn't in the wrong here. It is the local group holding them hostage over that sub-channel.

Does Dish offer this sub-channel? If they don't, those channels could be dropped on Dish when the retrans. contract comes up for renewal.

If Dish can get the local, so can direct! Period!!!!
direct is losing customers in my neck of the woods also!!

direct does not care about it's customers' , just the big ones that make them the most money but the little customers pay in the long run!!

Dish doesn't carry that CW subchannel. Remember, Dish had a transmission agreement with our locals before that CW subchannel was on. It likely had a clause allowing them HD transmission rights as well. When that agreement ends, Hoak will put pressure on them to carry CW as well.

If Direct caves to them, Dish will have to do the same at some point. Comcast retransmits the CW for Hoak.

He's "picky"....that's why. :confused:

this is just another Fanboy posting in the Directv section, because of the recent programing changes to Dish, he feels the need to point out something that dish is doing right.

It's a troll.
"Picky"....\George Carlin was doing a standup shopw and he got into euphamisms..
He said "Picky" is a euphamism for "big pain in the ass". as in "Oh he's a picky eater"..

Does Dish offer this sub-channel? If they don't, those channels could be dropped on Dish when the retrans. contract comes up for renewal.
the satellite compmnaies are fighting tooth and nail to not carry sub channels.
in fact this is why I think Dish decided to offer locals in all US DMA'S...DIsh can use that as leverage.
Besides there isnp;t enough transponder space to carry what are basically channels that show the same programming as the main channel
or a feed of the local weather with a radar screen....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)